Manager Research & Product Development
Jobs at:Finance Trust Bank
Deadline of this Job:
19 June 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Sunday, June 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The position reports directly to Head of Business Development.
Role of the Job:
Responsible for Managing the Bank’s Research and Product Development function.
Key Result Areas:
Undertake Data Analytics
• Undertake analysis of both internal and external data and then make relevant recommendations in relation to;
• New Products development
• Refinement of existing products
• Supporting other departments/units in decision making
• Inputs relevant to strategic business processes and planning for the bank
• Undertake analysis of product performance and also align the products to the customer needs and competitors to ensure better product performance
• Analyze data and support the various segments of the markets we serve.
Develop new products
• Design and review concepts for new financial products
• Participate in testing product concepts with the targeted customers and staff for refinement to prototype
• Present prototypes to Product Development Committee for review and approval.
• Prepare product proposals complete with financial projections and set targets
• Prepare/review product pilot tests and roll out protocols and submit these for review
• Draft Executive Committee and Board papers for soliciting new products approvals
• Prepare/ review product FAQ’s and Answers write ups for both existing and new products
Undertake Product performance monitoring
• Prepare Research & Product reports
• Prepare product performance reports for new products
• Prepare Product performance reports for existing products
Undertake Product refinement
• Prepare proposal for presentation to Product Development committee
• Draft Executive Committee papers for soliciting approval of changes to existing and new products
Report to external stakeholders on TA projects under Research & Product development.
• Implement & Report to external stakeholders on Research & Product development projects under Technical Assistance(TA).
• Spearhead the development and review of research and survey proposals.
• Supervise the development and design of data collection tools and instruments.
• Spearhead the data collection, entry and management of researched data and ensure proper data handling procedures.
• Spearhead the report writing process and post research data and report management processes.
• With authorization from the supervisor disseminate actionable research insights to stakeholders.
Conduct Competitor analysis
• Review Financial Institutions (Commercial Banks, MDIs and Credit Institutions) year-end financial performance analysis reports.
• Review loan and deposit products competitor analysis reports.
• Review other auxiliary services competitor analysis reports.
Conduct feasibility studies for new service outlets (Branches, Service Centers and off-site ATMs)
• Review draft proposals for feasibility studies.
• Participate in field data collection
• Participate in analysing data and reviewing draft reports.
• Preparation of financial projections for locations studied.
• Prepare project proposal write-ups for new service outlets (branches and service centres) for submission to BOU.
Conduct Business and Market intelligence
• Review market events monitoring reports
• Analyse customer data base to gain insight
Develop section activity plans and Budgets budgeting
• Draft product development and research strategic and annual operating plans & budgets
Supervise staff under your supervision
• Conducting subordinate staff appraisals
• Training and skills transfer
• Coaching and mentoring subordinate staff
Minimum qualification requirements and Personal attributes for this position:
• Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field, Statistics, Mathematics, or other relevant sciences.
• Working experience in statistical modeling and analysis with quantitative, aptitude and analytical skills.
• At least 5 years of working experience in the banking industry.
• A minimum of 7 years within the market research industry.
• Proficient with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Projects and Vision) and data analysis using EPI INFO, SPSS and STATA.
• Ability to conduct market research.
• Excellent Report writing skills.
• Ability to conduct feasibility studies.
• Data generation and interpretation skills.
• Planning and budget development skills.
• Knowledge of economic & market trends, and adaptability to changing trends.
• Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with key industry players.
• Knowledge of financial products, services, and delivery channels.
• Excellent self-presentation skills.
• Good interpersonal relationships.
• Possess self-drive and self-initiative.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
• Flexibility and willingness to travel upcountry.
• Ability to bring assignments to a conclusion and within set deadlines.
The position carries an attractive salary and benefits package.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Suitably qualified candidates should address their application to Head, Human Resource, Finance Trust Bank, Plot 115 & 121, and Katwe. P.O. Box 6972, Kampala, Uganda, and email it to [email protected] . As well as photocopies of academic testimonials, and a CV. The CV should include telephone contacts and email addresses of three referees, one of who should be the most recent employer.
Closing date for submission of the applications is 19th June, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly on Tel. Numbers 0312 222600 or 0414 341275 ONLY.
Please note that in line with the Bank procedures, no job offers are made online.