Jobs at:Makerere University
Deadline of this Job:
07 March 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
School of Women and Gender Studies
Salary Scale: M6.1
Reports to: Dean
Area of Specialization_ A candidate should be a specialist in the following areas
• Advanced Gender focused Research Methodology
• Research Methods
• Gender, Law and Human Rights
• Identities and Social Representation .
• Teaching, examining and grading students at both Graduate and Undergraduate level.
• Plan, develop, and implement course curricula including curricula to be delivered via several models of teaching & learning.
• Supervision of research for Undergraduate and Graduate Students.
• Mentoring of Junior Staff.
• Conducting research and community outreach activities.
• Writing proposals for attracting funding to the Department.
• Any other official duties as assigned by the Dean of the School
Terms of Service: Permanent
• Demonstrated theoretical and conception skills in Gender & Development
• Track record in Gender or Gender related research.
• A Publication/Writing sample of previous work in Gender.
• Ability to fundraise.
• A PhD in Gender and Development Studies or any Gender biased course.
• MA in Gender Studies.
• Honors bachelor’s degree in Arts or Social Sciences.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Makerere University Directorate of Human Resources invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for positions at the University. Please find details of the jobs at http://ehrms.mak.ac.ug/recruitment/jobs and submit your application, details of your bio data, education, qualifications, work experience and all the other required information, including your Curriculum Vitae, Certificates, Transcripts, and at least three reference letters addressed to:
P.O. Box 7062 Kampala.
Closing Date 7th/March/2021