Job Title: Fresher Officer Litigation – KCCA Jobs 2021
Organization: Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA)
Duty Station: Kampala
Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) Profile:
The Authority is a corporate body with perpetual succession and may sue and be sued in its corporate name and do, enjoy or suffer anything that may be done, enjoyed or suffered by a body corporate. The Authority is the governing body of the Capital City and administers Capital City on behalf of the central government subject to this Act. Any enactment that applies to a district shall, subject to this Act and with the necessary modifications, apply to the Authority
Responsible for general administrative tasks within a litigation attorney’s office, including filing legal documents, handling client communication, and maintaining time and billing records.
Roles and responsibilities:
The incumbent will be responsible to the Supervisor Litigation for performing the following duties:-
1. Investigating and carrying out legal research on all cases/matters in line with the Directorate plan and objectives
2. Representing the Authority in Courts of Law in all cases as per the Directorate plan and objectives
3. Initiating and pursuing legal proceedings as required by the Authority i.e., preparing writs, defenses, submissions and other pleadings in civil cases both “for and against” the Authority.
4. Preparing, filing and pleading cases in Commercial Court in pursuit of amounts owed to the Authority.
5. Liaising with and assisting external Counsel in discharge of their obligation to all matters concerning the Authority.
6. Causing to be maintained, a database of the status of all court matters involving the Authority
7. Drafting pleadings and other documents in accordance with Directorate instructions, and laws applicable.
8. Generating reports on all legal issues that arise out of KCCA Court cases and other transactions in accordance with Public Service Standing Orders and Professional Ethics, and Relevant laws.
9. Interviewing and briefing witnesses on court/Arbitration proceedings and practices in line with the Evidence Act and Professional Ethics.
10. Interpreting the KCCA Act, case law and generating legal opinions to guide the Authority in line with the Departmental guidelines.
11. Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honour’s Bachelor’s Degree in Law plus a Postgraduate Diploma in Legal practice from a recognized University or Institution and must be enrolled as an advocate. Membership to relevant professional associations is a must.
Applicants should have a minimum of two (2) years relevant working experience at Assistant Officer or Officer level in Government or any reputable organization.
How To Apply for KCCA Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 7th June 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.