Job Title: Finance Officer – EGPAF Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Elizabeth Glaser Paediatric AIDS Foundation
Job Location: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports To: Associate Finance Manager
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) Profile:
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a worldwide leader in the fight against pediatric AIDS. EGPAF seeks to prevent pediatric HIV infection and to eradicate pediatric AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs in 17 countries.
The Finance Officer will be responsible for the timely disbursement of payments to both staff and suppliers (Vendors).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Finance officer will also ensure control over cash and advances and will support timely and accurate reporting of projects financial and accounting information.
- Regularly review payment requests, invoices and demand notes for completeness, reasonability, allowability, and prepare timely payment request for approval of the country director.
- The incumbent will also initiate NBOL and Checks payments for the approval of the signatories (including preparing check schedule and NBOL schedule) & ensure that they are properly delivered & filed appropriately.
- Keenly monitor staff advances and ensure that staffs with unaccounted advances are not given additional advances.
- Maintain a payable tracker and produce monthly payable report for management.
- Prepare and file monthly PAYE & NSSF returns, work on monthly payroll and do cash reconciliations.
- Render support in the preparation of financial reports to donors
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Minimum Qualifications for EGPAF Uganda Jobs 2021:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in business Management, Accounting and Finance, Commerce
- Professional qualification in CPA, or ACCA is required.
- Three years of accounting experience for a public or private sector organization
- Experience with international donor environment
- Previous experience in managing US government-funds
- Familiarity with USAID regulations preferred
- Proven skills in financial management
- Computer literacy and knowledge of accounting software systems (e.g. QuickBooks Pro)
- Strong team player with proven communication and collaborative skills.
- Possess strong accuracy, attention to details and ability to follow-through.
- Highly organized with ability to meet deadlines, troubleshoot and problem solve
How To Apply for EGPAF Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .