Corporate Social Responsibility Manager
Jobs at:China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC)
Deadline of this Job:
24 September 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, September 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CNOOC Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC). CNOOC Uganda Limited is delighted to offer employment opportunities to the local talent. Grow your career with CNOOC Uganda Limited and join our experienced team of professionals. Are you focused, committed, passionate and ready to take on new challenges? Then this could be your opportunity to make a valid contribution to the development of the oil and gas sector in Uganda.
Job title: Corporate Social Responsibility Manager
Location: Kampala, Uganda. Mobilized to Albert Lake, construction sites or other cities if required.
To maintain good relationship with the key stakeholders and the local community, in support of the implementation of the operations of the Company.
• Responsible for mapping, research and assessment of the interests of stakeholders at national, regional and district lever to ensure they are well documented.
• Serve as the first point of contact for the community and represent the Company's interests regarding issues affecting the host community in regard to company operations.
• Developing and managing the relationship with the local community (e.g Governments, NGOs, international organizations. Civil Society organizations)
• Scheduling and organizing engagement meetings, community-related events, and coordinating internal and external engagements
• Reviewing company documents from the various technical departments to ensure social issues which might affect community relations are well captured in the various social management plans
• Developing and implementing of CSR Initiatives as approved by management
• Taking lead in the design, review, monitoring and implementation of impact mitigation initiatives as identified during Environmental and Social Impact Assessment studies that can be implemented to enhance community relations.
• Coordinate Community relations support to other Technical departments while undertaking activities in the field.
• Coordination with other JV partners and relevant Gou agencies on effective implementation of stakeholder engagement activities
• Represent Company in stakeholder meetings related to Community Relations activities
• Recommend to the Company potential areas which need to be addressed to enhance relations between Company and communities
• Work closely with relevant company departments whose activities interface with the communities and ensure social issues are well streamlined in company operations
• Community relations performance improvement.
• Ensure Contractors and Sub Contractors integrate social Management plans when providing services to the company
• Ensure presence of the Community Relations team in the field to address community concerns proactively.
• Ensure all influential stake holders in the area of operation are well informed of Company operations and are supportive of the Company,
• Keep relevant Central government, Local government and local leadership informed of company operations and proactively ensure they support Company operations.
• Other duties assigned by superior.
• Bachelor's degree or above in Journalism, communications, politics, economics, Social Sciences or other related.
• Minimum 7 years working experience.
• Work experience around Albert Lake districts is highly preferred
• NGO or community background is preferred.
• Experience with public relations is preferred
• Willingness to travel and a desire to engage with people of different backgrounds and cultures.
• Knowledge of the community of Lake Albert required
• Understanding of oil F&P.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Send ONLY your CV and Application Letter. Merged into one Pdf. to [email protected] not later than FRIDAY 24th SEPTEMBER 2021 at 5.O0 PM
Ensure to indicate the JOB TITLE as The SUBJECT HEAD of the Email
Please note that your CV should include your contact information, list your qualifications nationality. 3 related references and only the first application submitted will be considered
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidate shot be contacted.