Job Title: – ACORD Uganda Jobs 2022 Project Support Officer (Enabel)
Organization: Agency for Cooperation in Research and Development-Uganda (ACORD-U)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Agency for Cooperation in Research and Development-Uganda (ACORD-U) Profile:
ACORD-U (Agency for Cooperation in Research and Development – Uganda) is an indigenous Non Governmental Organization (NGO) working for social justice and development. ACORD has been working in Uganda since 1979 with operations in over 25 districts across Uganda. The ACORD-U works in conjunction with people who have been denied their basic rights, helping to better understand, to challenge, and to change the situation in which they find themselves.
The Project Support Officer – ACORD-Enabel Skills Development Project will provide technical and professional planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of project activities. The PO will be responsible for all ACORD-Enabel project implementation processes in the assigned district.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator the Project Officer-Enabel will work in collaboration with ACORD Uganda staff in various departments/projects in the assigned district and the Country office, Abim Technical Institute focal staff, Enabel Karamoja Regional office, other Enabel partners, and LGs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Project Design and Planning
- In collaboration with Project Coordinator, prepare project and period specific work plans, concept notes and budgets to guide implementation
- Support the identification and design of appropriate strategies tailored for implementing project activities
- Support the identification of suitable partners to work with.
- Support to organize and conduct planning meetings with partners and beneficiaries
- Identify development needs of communities in the area of operation for project improvement or development of ideas for future projects
- Build capacity of target communities through orientation on project to enable them participate in implementation
- Participate in design and implementation of advocacy and lobby events for government and other stakeholder support and adoption of skills development
- Mobilize and organize beneficiaries, partners and other stakeholders for training and participation in project activities.
- Liaise with and establish contacts with subject matter specialists to work with during implementation.
Monitoring evaluation and knowledge management
- Work with M&E Officer at the Head Office to finalize the Enabel Project Baseline for the trainees.
- Develop and disseminate a collection of good practices of our work within and outside the project area.
- Support the development of tools including key questions, means of verification, indicators and analysis matrix to monitor the results of project implementation.
- Participate in project evaluation when necessary.
Organizational support and representation of ACORD
- Liaise with the Project Coordinator to represent ACORD on all appropriate fora within the project area as agreed, including all related stakeholder group meetings such as sector meetings in the district
- Ensure that local government, NGO partners and beneficiaries have clear understanding of ACORD-Enabel project’s goal, expected outcomes, activities and other important information on the project.
- Reporting and communication
- Ensure that the Project Coordinator is updated on the progress of all activities under your charge through regular briefing and meetings
- Prepare and provide project reports (internal and external) in a timely and accurate manner including activity, monthly, quarterly and specific donor reports.
- Perform other related tasks as requested by the Project Coordinator, Programme Development and Partnership Coordinator, the Director of Programs or management.
- The applicant must hold a Degree in the field of social sciences, education, or degree related to development
- Post graduate qualification in Vocational skills development will be of added advantage
- At least two years of relevant working experience on projects related to youth development, skills development, community training
- Knowledge of area of operation is an added advantage
- Able to assess socioeconomic and political situations and able to act in a diplomatic way in delicate situations
- Competence in Windows, MS Office programs and email
- Highly motivated and with a desire to work with local communities
- Experience of working collaboratively with local government, training institutions and NGO partners and a commitment to working through partnerships
- Ability to manage stress, work in large multicultural teams
- Commitment to and understanding of ACORD’s mission, vision, values and principles
- Capacity building and training skills
How To Apply for ACORD Uganda Jobs 2022
All qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CV and application letter to [email protected] to apply.
Deadline: 19th May 2022 by 5:00 PM
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .