2 Legal officers
Jobs at:Uganda Law Reform Comission
Deadline of this Job:
16 May 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Implement activities in reform, revision, research, simplification and translation of laws.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Carry out legal research including field consultations, data collection and data
• Study court judgments and preparing reports.
• Initiate the process of simplification and translation of laws.
• Prepare reports on projects.
• Draft research proposals.
• Participate in analysis and review of policies and laws.
• Supervise surbodinate staff and interns.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
• An Honours Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognised University.
• A Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice from an institution recognised by the
• Uganda Law Council.
• Work experience
• Ability to work in teams.
• Ethics and integrity
• Good analytical, communication and writing skills.
• ICT skills.
• Innovation and initiative
• Time management skills
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications by filling in Public Service Form 3 (PSF 3), attach a detailed curriculum vitae with names and contact details of two (2) referees and supporting original scanned documents addressed to the Secretary through the email address: [email protected]
Applications should be submitted in one PDF file not exceeding 20MB.
Applicants should attach a recent passport photo.
Deadline for receipt of applications is 16th May, 2022 by 5:00pm.
The Commission is an equal opportunities employer.