Report to: Head Audit
Location: Different branches in Uganda
Umoja Microfinance is a Ugandan Microfinance located at Ben Okot road, Plot 11, Bukoto Kampala, and started its activities on 1st October 2021. Umoja is a money lending institution licensed by the Uganda Microfinance Regulatory Authority (UMRA) and a member of the Association of Microfinance Institutions of Uganda (AMFIU). Umoja Microfinance exists to serve and empower people to build brighter futures together. Umoja means “unity” in Swahili. We are focused on improving lives through financial inclusion for all people. By providing the initial step up to those in need, we can break the cycle of poverty and empower a new generation of entrepreneurs and leaders in their communities.
Purpose of the position:
Perform review of the effectiveness and application of risk assessment methodologies and risk management procedures in the organization
• Examine and evaluate the effectiveness and adequacy of the internal control systems
• Perform review of the effectiveness and application of risk assessment methodologies and risk management procedures
• Review financial and management information systems, including the electronic microfinance services and electronic information system
• Review financial reports and accounting records for accuracy and reliability
• Perform review of means, techniques, or methods of safeguarding assets
• Perform review of system applied by the microfinance in evaluating its capital vs estimated risk
• Perform evaluation of the economy and operational efficiency
• Perform a test on both the functioning of specific internal control procedures and transactions
• Perform review on established systems for ensuring codes of conduct, compliance with regulatory and legal requirements, and the implementation of procedures and policies
• Perform special investigations; and carry out tests on the timeliness and reliability of the regulatory reporting.
• Time to time branch audits to ensure proper procedures are practiced
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
• Must possess a bachelor’s degree in the accounting field, or in a business or related discipline. Possessing related experience and equivalent education may also be accepted to work as an internal auditor
• Atleast two years’ experience working in the financial institution or auditing field, or in an area relevant to the assigned responsibilities
• Deep understanding of the concept of process and risk management; and financial institutions and auditing
• Strong decision making, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Strong working knowledge and ability to use MS Office and other standard software application tools
• Strong aptitude for easy and quick learning of audit, analytical, or/and facilitation skills
• At least level two of CPA/ACCA
• Ability to travel at short notice, including traveling overnight.
Attach a cover letter, copies of your academic documents, and CV.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section