Job Title: MEAL Officer (UNICEF Project) – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: World Vision Uganda (WVU)
Duty Station: Adjumani District
Reports to: Programme Manager
World Vision Uganda (WVU)
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
The MEAL officer will be responsible for the measurement, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning of all projects under the MICAH Programme. He or she will ensure that there is quality project beneficiary data, timely measurement of project baselines, mid and end line evaluations, consistency in the objectives and success indicators of the projects and will spearhead the development and timely delivery of relevant projects and programme reports. He/she will also be involved in proposal development.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Lead the development and implementation of an effective programme monitoring and evaluation system
- Work with the UNICEF programme manager and MEAL manager to conduct the UNICEF programme baseline survey.
- Work with the CP coordinators to carry out timely project baseline, mid and end line evaluations.
- Support the project coordinators to develop and regularly update project M&E plans and indicator tracking table for use in tracking project progress
- Carry out field monitoring of project interventions
- Providing technical guidance and supervision to all UNICEF program MEAL staff to ensure efficient implementation of M&E activities.
- Build capacity of MICAH program staff and partners on WVRR and WVU Design, Monitoring and Evaluation, and development programming approaches.
- Support preparation and dissemination of progress reports, end of project reports and others reports as per donor requirements.
- Take Lead in development of impact stories and case studies for sharing to enhance evidence reporting.
Learning and Accountability
- Take lead project learning and Reflections, and setting up of accountability framework for the programme
- Establish and manage an effective programme database that will include information on project beneficiaries and key project documents
- Package programme information in various ways for use in external engagement and fund raising
- Participate in the development of proposals and concept notes to ensure new funding
Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
- This may include representation in meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Development Studies or Social work and Social Administration with a post graduate qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation is desirable.
- At least three years’ experience working with vulnerable communities and familiarity with humanitarian programming and implementation
- Excellent demonstrated M&E skills including Data Analysis, situation analysis and problem definition, report writing skills and written communication skills in English
- Excellent Knowledge and use of Mobile data collection tools especially ODK.
- Demonstrated ability to design/formulate monitoring tools
- Experience of data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Strong leadership, organizational and analytical skills, and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, spreadsheets
- Work environment: Field-based within the Refugee Settlement
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 6th June 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.