Job Title: Temporary Sponsorship Operation Officer – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: World Vision Uganda (WVU)
Duty Station: Uganda
Report to: Area Programme Coordinator
World Vision Uganda (WVU)
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
The Temporary Sponsorship Operation Officer will effectively Manage AP Registered children Sponsorship Operations, community engagement, participation and protection within acceptable partnership standards, in a manner that contributes to sustained improved child wellbeing.
Roles and Responsibilities of World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Management of Sponsorship Performance and Quality Assurance in accordance to WVI partnership standards
- Manage all Sponsorship operations and Reporting using sponsorship using Horizon
- Ensure RC Monitoring Status (CMS) is maintained within partnership standards
- Ensure quality Sponsorship Operation Indicators (SOIs) are implemented and maintained within partnership standard of 95%
- Ensure every RC records within Horizon and files are well Updated, managed and stored securely respectively.
- Facilitate timely processing and Management of all Correspondences ; Christmas cards, Sponsor letters, Annual Progressive Report , introductory letters, Support Office Queries, Gift Notifications within partnership standard of 95%.
- Mobilize and support RC families to adequately prepare for and manage sponsor visits.
- Ensure that Sponsorship 2.0 Media Contents (Photos and Video’s) are delivered according to the Partnership requirements and standards.
- Facilitate Children, Volunteers and stakeholders Sponsorship Basic Training and Sponsorship initiatives.
- Ensure 102% supply and Management of planned number of Registered Children in line with Support Office.
- Hold monthly / quarterly meetings with Community Volunteers Association and guardians/parents and child protection committees to address findings from monitoring.
- Implementation of Field Level Sponsorship initiatives & Innovations
- Ensuring adherence and compliance of sponsorship volunteers to child and adult safe guarding
Sponsorship Planning, Implementation and Reporting
- Work with POs to develop integrated Annual Sponsorship Operational Plans and facilitate implementation, monitoring while reporting and integrating 100% RCs participation
- Facilitate implementation, monitoring and reporting of Community Engagement and Sponsorship (CESP) planned activities.
- Mobilize and facilitate periodical community engagements of stakeholders (RC guardians, RCs and COVAs) focusing on child wellbeing.
- Facilitate Community Volunteers Associations and partners in monitoring of Community engagement and Sponsorship activities.
- Mobilize and facilitate active participation of children and their communities in planning, monitoring and implementation of community development initiatives.
- Facilitate RC participation within the CDPC and update and Report every RC participation and benefit in accordance to the partnership standards
- Support the collection, documentation & Reporting of RC impact and success stories.
- 100% sponsorship Budget utilized based on the DIP and Cashflow
Community engagement and Sponsorship education
- Conduct Community sensitizations, capacity building sessions on World Vision Sponsorship Model through Community Volunteer Associations (RC guardians, community leaders and other established community groups and stakeholders)
- Lead and Support formation and Training of the Registered Children committees in the respective CPDC for their Wellbeing. .
- Support and facilitate the children committees to plan and hold meetings at all levels (School, parish and sub county) on a regular basis
- Conduct periodical community engagement with other technical project officers and advocacy sessions and case management based on the Child Wellbeing and sponsorship in programming
- Mobilize communities to participate in planned annual children care and protection events.
Strengthening Field operating model through Community Volunteer Associations
- Support the formation, mentoring and functionality of the Community Volunteers Associations for implementation & Monitoring of Sponsorship operations deliverables and planned activities.
- Building capacities of the Community Volunteers, adult RCs and Children committees to manage Sponsorship operations and Media.
- Support COVAs to mobilize, empower and monitor RC households to participate and benefit from the Technical programs within the APs development
- Facilitate and mentor Community Volunteer Associations to support CESP activity implementation and Monitor the wellbeing of children wellbeing (to go on Community engagement)
Community Led Care, Child Protection, Child Participation and Voice
- Lead and Facilitate the establishment and functionality of Child Participation and Development centers for RCs within established APs institutions like schools, Faith Based institutions, learning centers and Health centers
- Support and Facilitate Periodical RC Child wellbeing engagements within Child Participation and Development Center based planned Technical Project Activities focusing on the child wellbeing.
- Manage and follow up case managements and report any incidents in line with child protection as per policy and guidelines.
- Conduct Periodical Community Sensitization on Child Protection, children’s rights and responsibilities.
- Capacity building and mentorship of CDPC facilitators on different age appropriate life skills to able to train children within the centres
- The ideal candidate for the World Vision Sponsorship Operation Officer job placement should hold a Diploma in Social work or any other relevant discipline.
- At least two years’ experience in community work and engagement with Sponsorship agencies
- Computer literate
- Writing and reporting skills
- Ability to communicate in applicable local language(s)
- Passion for children.
- Track record demonstrating high integrity, reliability and dependable
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Networking and influencing skills
- Partnership and Collaboration Skills
- Community Mobilization and Engagements
- Ability to ride a motorcycle is a MUST and the candidate should have a valid riding permit.
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae by applying online through visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Deadline: 25th November 2021