Job Title: Fresher Project Officer Education (Busiriba Kahunge Area Programme) – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: World Vision Uganda (WVU)
Duty Station: Kamwenge
Report to: Area Program Coordinator
World Vision Uganda (WVU)
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Contribute to achieving equitable access and quality education planning, implementing and monitoring the Education Quality Improvement Program activities through approaches that improve enrolment, retention, completion, literacy, numeracy and life skills. The position will support direct project activity implementation and roll out of best practices and models in a manner that promotes ownership and sustainability
Roles and Responsibilities:
Project planning and implementation
• Plan and coordinate all sub county and district based project activities in consultation with the TPO, the CCT and the DEO
• Plan and implement school based project activities.
• Develop activity concepts in line with the detailed annual operation plan, the budget and TP log frame
• Organize meetings and workshops for teachers and field facilitators to implement education project activities and models
• Track and manage activity budgets and ensure timely and cost effective project implementation.
• Produce timely, accurate, compliant and quality reports
• Participant in project management meetings and reflection forums
• Support and participate in district education Advocacy initiatives
• Conduct and facilitate community awareness raising and community mobilization
• Ensure cross cutting themes are mainstreamed in education project.
Technical support and training
• In liaison with the CCT and the DEO, conduct a capacity needs assessment for teachers and literacy volunteer
• Develop a capacity building plan for teachers and volunteers
• Mobilization of and conducting trainings to build capacities on supporting enrolment, retention and completion
• Provide mentoring and coaching to teachers through support supervision visits
• Build Local level Peer mentoring mechanism for teachers, School management committees and literacy volunteers
• Identify technical experts to train district and community groups
• Liaise with the TPO for technical support on capacity building
Partnership and networking
• Identify and build linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with partners and other stakeholders in implementation at the Sub County and District level
• Support development of school improvement plans and monitor their implementation
• Participation in sub county coordination meetings to influence decisions on education
• Organize periodic partner and stakeholder monitoring visits
• Organize teachers and literacy volunteer’s fora to promote learning
• Participate and represent WVU in key technical working forums at the sub county and the district
• Conduct advocacy campaigns for education in general and girl child education in particular
Documentation and Reporting
• Maintain a data bank for schools in the APs, head teachers, enrolment, drop out, teachers, teachers trained in different models
• Conduct school mapping and peer group mapping and document for project activities
• Effectively document all information related to girl child enrolment trends in targeted school
• Responsible for capturing individual children attendance, performance and behavior indicators related to drop out of children
• Document good practices and project success stories and share them
Support supervision and Mentoring
• Conduct support supervision and mentoring sessions for teachers
• Facilitate formation of children network/peer networks at school and sub county level
• Support schools to have classroom print rich materials,
• Maintain a record of RCs in Schools and monitor their attendance and performance during school visits
• Hold reflection meetings on key education program activities and indicators
• Must be a holder of a degree in education or any other degree but with a diploma in education.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in education and or community work.
• Must have classroom teaching experience of not less than 2 years
• Experience in the education sector programming in a reputable organization is an added advantage
• School management and /or mentorship of teachers
• Experience working with communities and teachers
• Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
• Writing and reporting skills
• Networking and influencing skills
• Facilitation skills
• Computer literacy
• Must be effective in written and verbal communication in English
• Knowledge of a local language(s) in Uganda is may be an added advantage
• Ability to ride a motorcycle is a must
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 6th June 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.