Job Title: Fresher NFI Information Reporting Officer IRC/UNHCR Project – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: World Vision Uganda (WVU)
Duty Station: Yumbe
Report to: NFI Field Coordinator
World Vision Uganda (WVU)
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
The NFI Field Monitor will be responsible to carry out distribution of Non-Food Items in the response in line with World Vision Uganda and the partner’s mission under the IRC/UNHCR project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Ensuring proper administration of NFI documents and Data base
• Preparation of field tools for Data collection.
• Participate in field pre-testing of Data collection tools.
• Maintaining and collecting data and updating progress of work plan.
• Serve as technical point of contact/support for food monitors and reports back to the core system delivery team on state of field deployments.
• NFI tools used for Data collection properly tagged or serialized for easy tracking/trace.
• Ensure backup of field data collection and ensures safety of data collected in field operations by password control to databases and encryption of laptop data where required.
• Document technical shortfalls within the existing mobile product offering and with new version release.
• Help administer LMMS system users within the project in coordination with the Field coordinator/program manager.
Ensuring proper filing of incoming and outgoing NFI documents of various activities within NFI Unit
• Liaise with FC to ensure timely submission of beneficiary lists and backups.
• Maintain a neat, organized and chronological filing system, ensuring that hard copies of the recommended reports are available and easy to access at any required time.
• Documents of various activities are stored according to WV document storage policy for easy references and audit reviews.
• Ensure updated NFI Data Base for ease of reference
NFI Data entry, Analysis, Consolidation and Reviewing of monthly Reports
• Assist consolidation of monthly NFI/commodity reports from the field into the CTS database in order to produce major reports (CSS, CSR, RSR, LSR) to donors and other stakeholders.
• Ensure timely submission of the replication and backups which include field reports, warehouse reports, etc. by 5th of every month for timely consolidation.
• Prepare all the necessary forms related to NFI distribution.
• Ensure all forms and reports are completely filled and reviewed and approved by relevant staff.
• Update the MSR/PO registers and MSR/PO receipt summaries to make sure that the soft copy and files are up to date for easy accessibility on monthly basis.
• Update the Loss claim registers and loss files to make sure that the soft copy and the files are up to date for easy accessibility on monthly basis.
• Make frequent visits to the field locations to assist in CTS documentation and accountability.
• Collect all the receipts and dispatch summary, truck inspection reports, loss reports, physical inventory, warehouse inspection report, distribution summaries and distribution center visit reports.
• Review invoices and other Cooperating Partner report
• Ensure distribution list tally with manual reports and GDT reports.
NFI Returns Store Management
• Ensure all NFI returns after distribution are well documented and received using all the necessary documents.
• Ensure all NFI returns documents are filed according to agreed filing format.
• Ensure Bin cards are regularly updated for all items entering and leaving the store.
• Responsible to verify physical inventory for all the warehouses to ensure that the commodity book balances match the actual stock in the warehouses and explanations provided for any variances.
• Ensure cleanliness in the store is maintained.
• Prepare monthly Stock inventory report for items in the store.
Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or IT, Social Sciences discipline or any other related field.
• Minimum of 2 years related work experience
• Ability to work in a team to achieve excellence in execution, committed, accountable and passionate about the work we do.
• Understanding the humanitarian industry
• Must have strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills with an attention to details.
• Requires the ability to effectively present concepts to lay users in various settings and by various means (verbal and written).
• Requires strong communication skills to interact with all levels of staff and management.
• Must be able to work effectively with a diverse team.
• Requires the ability to work under pressure and on multiple tasks.
• Understanding of window mobile platform desirable.
• Previous exposure to mobile hardware technologies.
• Comfortable with learning the new software systems and running rudimentary system upgrades including compiling new software release.
• Good planning and organizational skills.
• Thinking clearly, deeply & broadly
• Practicing innovation and change
• Learning for growth and development
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and donors.
• Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS word, excel and Access)
• Online or digital tracking system for accounting and reporting in advantage.
• Experience in working with donor funds
• Very comfortable supporting end users.
• Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
• Strong leadership, organizational and analytical skills, and ability to work under pressure
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• A high level of integrity is required
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 6th June 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.