Job Title: MEAL Assistant (Ntwetwe Integrated WASH Project) – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: World Vision Uganda (WVU)
Duty Station: Kiboga, Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator (WASH)
World Vision Uganda (WVU)
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
To provide technical guidance to the cluster team on Programme/Project planning, development, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning in line with WV policies and standards; including maintaining systems to collect and analyze information on activities, outputs, outcomes and impact of Programme/Projects.
Roles and Responsibilities of World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021:
Project planning and management:
- Establish a MEAL system for the project by having clear MEAL framework and a performance monitoring plan for all project indicators
- Develop and administer performance-monitoring tools to track project indicators in line with the Project implementation plans
- Provide project data summary to guide project review and planning process
- Effectively roll out and develop strong accountability mechanisms at AP and cluster level
- Collect and process data on project activities as specified in the detail project implementation plan.
- Plan and conduct project output and outcome level monitoring as per the MEAL plan and share through monitoring reports on progress of the project in line with the results framework
- Perform quarterly data quality assessments to ensure validity, integrity, precision, reliability and timeliness of all performance data; identify any deficiencies and suggest corrective actions; and assist the technical team members to maintain electronic and hard copy files.
- Provide routine monitoring data on progress of accountability mechanisms at AP and cluster Level.
Data management, Analysis and Reporting:
- Perform analysis of data, providing both descriptive and inferential statistics, as well as qualitative analysis, that will allow for an enhanced understanding of project indicator performance.
- Provide meaningful data summaries and visualization to demonstrate result to the project coordinator.
- Prepares monitoring and evaluation reports documenting the findings of evaluation processes, including the impact of project intervention on beneficiaries.
Project Documentation and Learning:
- Compile progress reports (Monthly, Quarterly, Semi Annual and Annual) for management decision making in line with the project implementation plan and donor requirements.
- Promote utilization of data/information from progress reports, baselines, evaluations and other assessments at project level through reflection and learning forums such as quarterly review meetings and management meetings or conferences for project partners.
- Documentation of project learnings, project most significant change stories, best practices etc.
Assessments, Evaluations and Research
- Prepare and conduct any project related assessments, baselines and Evaluations in line with established donor related guidelines.
- Monitor and track implementation of project indicators to track progress.
Information Management Systems
- Utilize WVU database initiatives such as Horizon, GIS, Automated Database and other relevant National Databases for data management
- Provide and utilize data required by the District Water Office.
- Provide technical support to key stakeholders and beneficiaries on monitoring and evaluation according to donor requirements.
Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Project coordinator
Minimum Qualifications for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
- A bachelor’s degree in Monitoring & Evaluation, Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Mathematics, Public health, Demography, Biostatistics, or a related field is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in managing data intensive programs in designing, monitoring, and evaluation methodologies is highly desirable.
- Experience in digital data collection using ODK or Kobo Collect application
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative M&E data collection and analysis methods, including tracking outcome indicators, is desirable.
- Experience in designing M&E methodologies and tools, and the ability to coach and train others in their use is desirable.
- Excellent command of MS Excel, and working knowledge of at least two statistical data management packages/software’s (quantitative & qualitative) e.g., SPSS, STATA etc.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing, interpreting, and reporting on M&E results so that lessons can be learned and incorporated into programming is desirable.
- Ability to work with inter-disciplinary teams and a wide range of program/project activities
- Strong report writing and communication skills
- Proactive personality, self-driven and strongly motivated
- Capacity/potential in leadership, relationship management/networking, and coordination.
- Good interpersonal skills, team player, facilitation skills and strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven conceptual & analytical skills, ability to take an evidence-based approach to programming
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 17th September 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.