Job Title: Logistics Officer – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: World Vision Uganda (WVU)
Duty Station: Arua, Uganda
Report to: Response Operations Manager
World Vision Uganda (WVU)
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
The Logistics Officer will ensure that we have a well serviced fleet available for staff movements, tracking vehicle movements and speed limits. The personnel will also liaise with other teams in delivering quality reporting and support to the WVU mission objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities of World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Fleet Management and Administration;ensuring timely servicing and well maintained fleet, coordinating with project managers to ensure the limited fleet is equally shared among all projects. Weekly inspection of fleet, coordinating training for ridders and drivers, tracking of vehicle for safety of fleet, passengers and property of World Vision, management of Vehicle Log books and Mileages and Overseeing the rental/hire of vehicles.
- Managing my team;liaising with P&C in filling caps within the department, ensuring appraisals are done in time and submitted for strategic decisions and ensuring all riders and drivers adhere to WV fleet policies.
- Preparation of fleet reports;Monthly fuel and fleet usage report for both internal and external decision making.
- Fuel Management;liaising with procurement to ensure framework Agreements for Fuel, Garage Companies requesting/approval of fuel requests for fleet and generators, processing or follow up on Fuel cards re-load/payments for fuel
- Compliance with legal requirements;tracking of vehicle speed, Management of 3rdparty Insurance stickers and timely replacing of the expired stickers for fleet.
- Vehicle Disposal;coordinating the assessment of fleet for disposal and administering the disposal process with support from the procurement and Administration within the response and from the National Office.
- Bachelor of Logistics & Supply chain management BBA-Option Logistics & Procurement. Masters in Supply Chain Management is an added advantage
- At least 2-3 years of proven and practical experience as Logistics Officer with a Reputable NGO more so an International Agency in Refugee work.
- Experience of developing / implementing complex logistics to support different types of programmes, and coordinating resources to meet diverse programme needs and objectives.
- Proven track-record in managing and supervising others in logistics and supply chain, including training and capacity building
- On line procurement skills (Provision knowledge is great asset for all fleet on line booking for vehicle service and repairs + delivery receipt on line).
- Technical experience/training in specific areas of supply chain e.g. fleet mechanics, IT/communications networks, warehousing and assets management.
- Must be a very honest person and willing to work for extra-long hours when required
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English [Alur, Lugbara, Kakwa and Kiswahili,]
- Stores Management
- Fleet Management
- Financial Management
- Flexible, adaptable and proactive
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20 % of the time.
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae by applying online through visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Deadline: 9th December 2021