Job Title: Cashier Accounts Payable & Disbursement – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: World Vision Uganda (WVU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Report to: Senior Finance Officer
World Vision Uganda (WVU)
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
To provide a service as a cashier to the Uganda office and field office whilst safeguarding MC’s cash resources.
Roles and Responsibilities of World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Support the finance section as a cashier by processing, delivering and withdrawal of open cheques, take collections after issuing proper receipts and make deposit of all cash collections in a timely, honest and trust worthy manner.
- Scrutinizing payment requests and advising the Financial Accountant of any issues.
- Maintain petty cash and mobile money float registers.
- Arrange for timely bank transfers to the field offices, check approval by budget holders and ensure proper accounting of transfers
- Initiate mobile money transactions on Bionic, and ensure payments are made as per current WVI policies.
- Act as a Bank agent for WVI Uganda accounts
Financial Planning and Budgeting:
- Check all payments for appropriate Budget approvals.
- Prepare Vis and ensure all payments are posted into sun ledger general ledger and ensure all transactions are allocated.
- In charge of keeping Petty cash using imprest record, making requisitions and issues as approved by some authorized WV personnel.
- Count Petty Cash on a monthly basis with Accountant and supervisor- GL.
- Post into General ledger all petty cash vouchers and perform reconciliations
- Other (Day to day accounting)
- Issuing travel & activity advances to project managers, consultants and/or any other staff travels and reconciliation of the same on return
- Issuing payments to trainers, facilitators and consultants both in-house and in the field
- Work with Financial accountant – reporting in collection documents / filling all finance documents and ensuring that they are in safe custody and easily accessible by the finance team
- Year-end close process
- Prepare year end cashbook and reconcile with GL/Physical cash.
- Maintain all files related to petty cash and mobile money.
- The ideal applicant must hold a University degree with a major in Accounting.
- At least two of years relevant technical and business work experience.
- Previous working knowledge and experience of SUN accounting software
- Strong teamwork skills essential
- Must have proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
- Knowledge of accounting theory and financial analysis is required.
- Experience of working in the field(communities)
- Knowledge of project management and project cycles
- Strong desire to develop or change processes to improve efficiency
- Strong ability to be able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, and accounting package preferably sun system Accounting Package.
- Must Communicate clearly and concisely both in writing and orally.
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae by applying online through visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Deadline: 25th October 2021