Job Title: Fresher Administrative Assistant – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: World Vision Uganda (WVU)
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Senior Administrative Officer
World Vision Uganda (WVU)
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
The Administration Assistant will work within the support services division and will be committed to provide reliable support to program activities in order to ensure efficient operation of the office. He/ She is the focal point for daily administrative office tasks and the link between Administration and the organization.
The staff must be familiar with administrative practices and procedures, should possess an ability to effectively communicate, and ensure that all are performed in high quality and time-sensitive manner.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; request for timely repairs of office equipment.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of facilities management processes; payment of office and residence utilities, reviewing repair and maintenance processes and guide staff on use of office equipment.
- Establish business relationships with key service providers and participate in training of teams about administrative processes
- Maintain tracking of office maintenance works and ensure quality workmanship is done.
- Responsible for office and residence spare keys.
- Handle all follow-ups to facilities management services.
- Staff accommodation and workshop logistics
- Maintain up-to date tracker and records of hotel accommodation and workshop prices.
- Coordinate bookings and logistics for departments and ensure organizational protocols are observed in these processes.
- Responsible for supporting travel requests and arrangements for WV staff.
- Responsible for invoice processing and payment tracking for the department.
- Responsible for department’s requests and processes in procurement system (Provision).
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies
- Placing and expediting orders for supplies as per departmental needs, verifying receipt of supplies
- Establish framework agreements with key vendors for reference, ensuring alignment with WVU procurement requirements
Administrative support to Division
- Responsible for smooth workflow processes in the department and division, providing key support where needed to team members.
- Monitor vendor contracts, in coordination with supply chain team to ensure compliance with WV regulations.
- Support in uploading of vendor details, ensuring accurate records are stored in procurement system (Provision).
- Implement and monitor administrative processes as directed by supervisor.
- Assume receptionist duties whenever required
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, social work, and any other relevant studies
- At least two years of experience working as an administrative assistant in a corporate environment or an INGO
- Ability to work in a team to achieve excellence in execution, committed, accountable and passionate about the work we do.
- Must have strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills with an attention to details.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills. Should be fluent in oral and written English
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Requires the ability to work under pressure and on multiple tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team but also work independently.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS word, excel and Access)
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 6th June 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.