Job Title: Payroll & Administration Assistant – Wave Mobile Money Jobs 2021
Organization: Wave Mobile Money
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Wave Mobile Money Profile:
Wave Mobile Money is building a cashless Africa – starting in Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire, Uganda & now in Mali. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash. We’re solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave.
We’re looking for Payroll Admin Assistant who’s resourceful, organised and proactive about getting things done. You will be responsible for administrative tasks, including payroll under the supervision of the Payroll Manager as we rapidly scale our business in Uganda.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Keep up to date the employee Master Data via our HRIS (Bamboo HR)
- Prepare employment contracts
- Be responsible of registering new employees to our health insurance program
- Be responsible of administrative tasks and issue administrative documents to Wave employees
- Support preparation of our monthly payroll
- Prepare monthly returns and all payroll reports issued to Finance
- Do payroll reconciliation every month
- Make sure that all relevant vacations be recorded in Bamboo HR
- Knowledge of Uganda labour laws and taxation.
- Very fluent in English.
- Excellent data analysis and use of spreadsheets
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in payroll administration
- A bachelors degree in Accounting or a related business field.
- Progress on a professional course like CPA will be an added advantage.
- Strong organisation skills.
- Microsoft office experience with a bias towards Excel.
You might be a good fit if you
- Are data and privacy-conscious
- Are able to work under tight deadlines and pressure
- Are rigorous and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
- Are very organised with a good sense of prioritisation
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
- Are comfortable with figures and analysis
- Are not afraid to take initiative or owning a project
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth.
How To Apply for Wave Mobile Money Jobs 2021
All candidates should fill out the online form, and upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role at the link below. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Closing Date: Open until filled