Job Title: Integrations Support Representative – Wave Mobile Money Jobs 2021
Organization: Wave Mobile Money
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Wave Mobile Money Profile:
Wave Mobile Money is building a cashless Africa – starting in Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire, Uganda & now in Mali. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash. We’re solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave.
The integration team mission is to integrate all the bill payments our users want as soon as possible in the apps (Customer, agent, business) and maintain them. In detail, we should keep payments as reliable/available as possible, make sure that our business accounts are funded, and build a good relationship with our partners.
We’re looking for someone based in Uganda who is resourceful, determined, tenacious, diligent, and excited about getting things done. You’ll be responsible for handling our product operations.
Roles and responsibilities:
In this role you’ll;
- Make daily reconciliations
- Assist the support team in bill payments and other integration products
- Work flexible hours, on weekends, evenings, and statutory holidays if required to support the product team.
- Work closely with BizDev and engineers
- Be responsible for debugging, interpreting and analysing errors
- Escalate different issues to our engineers / Partners
- Contact partners when we’re facing downtime
- Process Telco invoices
- Write our daily notes about project activities
- Own different action plans
- Location: You’ll work from our office in Kampala
- Work authorization in Uganda is required
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months
- We pay 100% of your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents
- We support working parents – we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships, fitness classes, and workout equipment
- Airtime reimbursement
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- Fluency in English and a local language. Swahili is an added advantage
- At least two year’s experience in a comparable position (Customer Service, Back Office)
- A bachelors degree in IT or a related discipline
You might be a good fit if you
- Speak English and Swahili
- Competence in SQL
- Love solving problems for our awesome customers
- Take initiative
- Are autonomous
- Worked in a Bank / Financial institution / Telco
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D’Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We’re deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You’ll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How To Apply for Wave Mobile Money Jobs 2021
All candidates should fill out the online form, and upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role at the link below. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Closing Date: Open until filled