Job Title: Customer Service Representative – Wave Mobile Money Jobs 2021
Organization: Wave Mobile Money
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Wave Mobile Money Profile:
Wave Mobile Money is building a cashless Africa – starting in Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire, Uganda & now in Mali. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash. We’re solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave.
We’re looking for a Customer Service Representative who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. You’ll be responsible for responding to user questions and concerns and representing Wave through the call center as we rapidly scale our business in Uganda.
Roles and responsibilities:
In this role, you’ll;
- Be responsible for responding to user questions and concerns.
- Represent Wave to our users and partners through the call center, email and social media support.
- Make outgoing calls to customers.
- Answer incoming calls from customers.
- Conduct satisfaction surveys.
- Know how to report bugs to engineers and escalate when needed.
- Knowing how to follow a case until you find a solution.
- Coordinate with other department when Customers or Partners get in touch with you.
- Help or inform customer when they have issues.
- Monitoring of social media pages (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Chat-box)
- Primarily based in Kampala with possible relocation to other parts of Uganda.
- Work authorization in Uganda required.
- We pay your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents.
- We support working parents – we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and four weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work.
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships, fitness classes, and workout equipment.
- Airtime reimbursement
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- At least one year’s experience in a comparable position (Call center, Customer support).
- Diploma or Bachelors degree.
- Fluency in English and a local language.
- Being able to work at flexible schedules.
- Have an extra local language would be an advantage.
You might be a good fit if you
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get things done.
- A strong sense of responsibility and a good ability to take initiative.
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination.
- Are excessively detail oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
- Are client-oriented and have strong interpersonal and creative skills.
- Are a diplomatic speaker.
- Possess team work spirit.
- Experience in a Telco or Mobile Money will be an added advantage.
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D’Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We’re deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You’ll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How To Apply for Wave Mobile Money Jobs 2021
All candidates should fill out the online form, and upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role at the link below. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Closing Date: Open until filled