KOICA Uganda is a governmental organization established to effective Official Development Assistance (ODA) to enhance the effectiveness of the Republic of Korea's grant aid programs for Uganda by implementing selected Government grant aid and technical cooperation programs. Since KOICA Uganda Office was founded in 2010 September, we have dispatched 475volunteers from 2011 in different areas such as education, vocational training, agriculture, rural development, health, public administration, forestry and fisheries, and energy industry in order to promote friendly and cooperative relationship, mutual exchanges and supporting of economic and social growth between the government of the Republic of Korea and Uganda.
Duration: 1 year (Possible extension depending on the performance)
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Country Director
The Volunteer Program officer shall assist WFK (World Friends Korea) Volunteers who dispatched to respective institutions in Uganda and play a key role as a bridge between volunteers and the organizations for successful volunteer service. Under the guidance of the country director, the Officer will be responsible for monitoring and ensuring high quality of volunteer activities. Also she/he is in charge of writing various reports about the volunteers’ activity on regular basis. The Officer will work closely with Ministry of Education of Uganda as well.
- Perform program planning, monitoring, and evaluation for volunteer program including site visits when it is necessary
- Supports to enhance the performance of volunteer program and volunteer’s project (project agreement, progress, ceremony, etc.)
- Work closely to strengthen the partnership between KOICA and partner organizations.
- Conducts volunteer annual evaluation meeting, business trip and support other meetings (event)
- Supports volunteer’s administrative issues (visa, letter, medical check, etc.) and others as requested
- Organizing the process of dispatching volunteers with host organizations before and after arrival.
- Scale-up and manage partnerships with Government ministries, other development partners, financial institutions, key private sector actors and other related organizations
- The research established best practices and make recommendations for quality program service delivery
- Provide administrative support whenever required and perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Other duties assigned by Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Education, Social sciences, International development studies, Statistics, and/or relevant subjects.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and report on program performance and impact.
- At least 2-3 years of relevant experience preferably in a similar position or in project planning, performance management, field survey in government, non-government organization or international organization.
- Experience in research, publication, educational assessment, data management, as well as analysis and production of Reports.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of academic and/or vocational education curricula.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on research data and findings.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Program planning and implementation skills.
- Knowledge of communication principles, media, and marketing techniques.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to manage and facilitate educational programs.
- Advanced writing and editorial skills.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
- Experience working with donor agencies is preferable
- Impeccable level of integrity and confidentiality
Level of Compensation
Negotiable, based on applicant’s qualification (Basic Salary range excluding relevant fee such as medical-check-up, NSSF etc.)
How to Apply
Send your application outlining your career aspirations and salary expectations in either Microsoft Office Word Format or PDF format including your curriculum vitae/resume and photocopies of academic documents not exceeding [email protected] (Copied [email protected]) OR hand-deliver the application addressed to:
The Country Director,
2nd Floor, Mariba House,
Plot 17, Golf Course Road, Kololo, Kampala
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
Deadline for submission of the application
Mon, 1st March 2021 at 1200 pm (Noon) EAT
Recruitment schedule (tentative)
Application review result: 4th March, Thurs
Writing test: 10th Mar, Wed
Interview: 16th Mar, Tue
Final result: 17th Mar, Wed
Medical check-up: 18th Mar ~ 24th Mar
Contract start: April 1st