VMMC QA Officer
Jobs at:Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
28 January 2022
Within Uganda , Kabarole , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
While working within the confines of the district structures, the VMMC Quality Assurance Officer will be the technical leader of VMMC teams in the supported districts. He /She will ensure compliance to VMMC quality standards; monitor VMMC data recording and reporting; supervise VMMC service delivery and support VMMC supplies and equipment management.
1. Ensure documentation of all surgical and follow-up procedures
2. Ensure that circumcisions are carried out safely in accordance with agreed policies.
3. Establish and implement a system to ensure technical quality of VMMC project activities 4. Provide technical guidance on management of AEs including documentation and reporting.
5. Provide mentoring and capacity building to facility and cluster staff in specific areas of expertise in VMMC and quality assurance
6. Support the formulation of innovative approaches for scale up of targeted in VMMC services
7. Work with health care providers, local authorities, community members and project team members to identify clinical service delivery issues that impede access to care and uptake of VMMC services
8. Identify and implement appropriate facility-and community-based strategies to address VMMC service delivery gaps
9. Identify training needs for clinical and community healthcare providers and assist in the design and implementation of measures to address those needs.
10. Work with M&E staff to design, implement a plan to track data/results related to VMMC to inform adjustments in project implementation
11. Document lessons learned and challenges in implementation as well as reports of VMMC project activities and results to the project and donor, including routine quarterly and annual reports and other reporting requirements as requested
Document and maintain an inventory of successful tools and approaches for VMMC including QI projects.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
• Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health or equivalent.
• Must be registered with the Allied Health professionals’ Council
• Formal skills training in SMC surgical (dorsal slit) method of circumcision.
• Formal training in Shangring device method of circumcision is an added advantage.
• At least 3 years’ experience in providing VMMC services
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to ride with ridding license is an added advantage
• Must be willing to work in rural settings
3 Years Relevant Experience
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://careers.baylor-uganda.org/jobs/job-application/286/opportunity-welcome