Jobs at:Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The VMMC Officer S/he is to Support the District and Health facility teams to provide quality VMMC services according to the National guidelines. The VMMC Officer reports to the Advisor for HIV Prevention services.
Major roles and Key Responsibilities:
• Take lead in, and provide overall oversight over and coordination of implementation of VMMC services at health facilities for the project.
• Provide on-going technical support for VMMC service delivery teams at the District, health facility and community levels
• Coordinate, organize and oversee the VMMC outreaches/ camps ensuring adherence to the national standards for quality VMMC services (including follow up of VMMC clients, proper management and reporting of the adverse effects following circumcision)
• Work with the district / facility VMMC teams to identify the quality improvement goals for VMMC services using quality indicators and data; plan for and implement the identified activities to bridge gaps in service delivery, and maintain a VMMC dashboard.
• Coordinate provider skills strengthening activities for VMMC services at the project supported health facilities
• Provide technical assistance for VMMC services through trainings and on site mentorship activities using the national curriculum, guidelines and protocols
• Ensure availability of the essential VMMC commodities and supplies both at static sites and camps
• In collaboration with the M&E team, ensure that reporting and documentation of results from the VMMC implementation is done timely and is of acceptable quality (ensuring accuracy and timeliness)
• Support scale up of VMMC services, including support for accreditation of new sites
• Develop plans and budgets and submit quarterly, annual and ad hoc VMMC progress reports
• Represent the project at VMMC meetings including Ministry of Health VMMC technical working group activities.
• Conduct VMMC operational research activities involving the project supported health facilities
• Identify and document best practices
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and fully registered with Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioner’s Council
• At least three years’ work experience in VMMC program management
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills coupled with project management abilities
• Ability and willingness to travel within the supported districts
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications must be addressed to;
Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: [email protected] The application deadline is Friday 6th August, 2021 at 12:00pm.
Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Date of Expiry
Friday, 6 August 2021