Jobs at:Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The VMMC Project Assistant is a full time position based in Lango sub-region in the different Districts. S/he will support a cluster of districts to plan for and implement VMMC services in accordance with established MoH / PEPFAR standards and project guidelines and regulations.
• In collaboration with the HIV Prevention Advisor and District Project coordinator, participate in and support the development and implementation of district VMMC work plans to meet program targets and performance deliverables.
• In collaboration with the HIV prevention Advisor and other technical leads, ensure integration of VMMC services in other program areas, including but not limited to Cancer Cervix screening, DREAMS, PrEP and Family Planning services.
• Support community based structures, including oversight for Community based Organizations to plan and generate demand for VMMC.
• Ensure effective monitoring, document and report of adverse events promptly.
• Compile activity, weekly, monthly and any ad hoc reports for the districts he/she is responsible for.
• Ensure good quality and timely VMMC data submission into the various platforms, including but not limited to weekly surge data, monthly and quarterly HMIS reports, and CQI dashboards.
• Participate in data quality audits for VMMC and any other technical areas defined by the project.
• Document key lessons in program implementation including but not limited to (success stories, case studies, photos and technical briefs.
• Provide logistical and administrative support for VMMC field activities, including transport requests, facilitating payments and any other administrative issues at the VMMC meetings
• Compile and submit timely and accurate accountability for project funds.
• Develop checklist for VMMC camp materials and equipment with the VMMC officer and prepare corresponding requests
• For VMMC trainings ensure training teams have required materials and equipment packed prior to training and returned to stores/inventory following the training
• Coordinate district VMMC teams’ meetings to review performance and guide interventions.
• In collaboration with the DPC, participate in the district technical and coordination meetings.
• Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Diploma in Clinical Care, Nursing or its equivalent from a reputable organization
• At least two (2) years of relevant professional experience in VMMC PEPFAR program work.
• Knowledge of key priority and new HIV Prevention interventions among various sub-populations.
• Experience of good working relationship with district and health facility teams
• Experience and knowledge of Quality Improvement approaches, including VMMC QI interventions in Uganda.
• Excellent knowledge and experience with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other data processing and graphical presentation software.
• Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy highly desirable.
• Excellent inter-personal communication skills and excellent organization skills.
• Oral and written English language fluency.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
All applications must be addressed to;
Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: [email protected] The application deadline is Friday 6th August, 2021 at 12:00pm.
Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Date of Expiry
Friday, 6 August 2021