Job Title: Budget Analyst – US Embassy Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: US Embassy Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Announcement Number: Kampala-2021-040
US Embassy Uganda Profile:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Natalie E. Brown currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Chief of Finance, the job holder is responsible for planning, designing, coordinating, and implementing the full range of budget services for multiple divisions, branches and programs, to support the mission of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in Uganda.
- The job holder is a technical advisor on policies, procedures and regulations governing operational and program budgeting and undertakes multiple budget execution duties and responsibilities.
- S/he conducts analyses to report on budgetary and financial performance and makes recommendations on the adequacy of funding levels and budget reprogramming.
Minimum Qualifications for US Embassy Uganda Jobs 2021
EDUCATION : A Bachelor’s degree in either of the following: Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Commerce is required.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in budgeting and funds control, accounting, financial analysis and reporting is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Advanced knowledge and understanding in the areas of financial analyses, budgeting, funds control and forecasting techniques is required. The position should have good knowledge of the host country business practices; financial and banking rules and practices; financial regulations and proclamations/laws; and cash versus non-cash economy practices.
LANGUAGE: (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing in English is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Possession of skills to effectively relate funds management with agency programs and projects is required. Ability to understand budget management and implications of changes in priorities is required.
- Standard numerical skills in mathematical/computing accuracy and writing skills and demonstrated ability to apply procedural compliance is required.
- The incumbent is required to have high analytical skills and be innovative during triangulation and analysis of multiple data sources to process information and to achieve greater financial and operational efficiency
- Excellent and high-level interpersonal skills and working with Teams are required.
- A high degree of proficiency using MS Excel and other MS office applications to conduct financial and variance analyses and reporting is required. Standard keyboard/data entry skills with good working speed and accuracy are required.
- Must demonstrate proficiency working with financial systems and databases related to funds control, budgeting, accounting, review, and reporting.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
How To Apply for US Embassy Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 24 th November 2021