Job Title: – URC Jobs in Uganda 2021 Fresher Data Clerk
Organization: University Research Council (URC)
Job Location: Uganda
Reports to: Strategic Information Officer – Community
University Research Council Profile:
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication-related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC has implemented quality improvement and operations research programs in health care since 1981 and continues to be at the cutting edge of health care improvement work in countries around the world
With the RHITES-N Acholi Project (Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in Northern Uganda – Acholi), USAID will continue its support of the Government of Uganda’s (GOU) efforts to improve access to and use of health services in the country’s post-conflict northern region. RHITES-N Acholi Project activities will build on USAID investments and national advances to increase access to and use of high-quality integrated services that accelerate the ability and capacity to respond to the specific health needs of residents in the Acholi sub-region, leveraging the URC-ASSIST project successes.
The overall objective of the data clerk is to improve data management and reporting systems at community and facility level for all prevention interventions. This will include data entry, filing, documentation, online reporting, prevention tools stock status and data/ performance reviews at the health facility and community. He/she will ensure that there’s improved reporting for prevention interventions and timely update of the online data management/reporting systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure availability of data management and reporting tools for community and prevention interventions like KP/PP, DREAMS.
- Manage all aspects of prevention data documentation at the facility and community with focus on complete and timely documentation in the community and prevention tools including register.
- Conduct timely data entry into the online data management and reporting systems like the KP trackers, DREAMS tracker and other online systems.
- Ensure timey preparation of periodic reports for community and prevention intervention to facilitate activity planning and implementation.
- Conduct weekly meeting with peer facilitators at both community and facility to track community data.
- Liaise with District DREAMS focal person and support prevention activities like organize monthly district coordination meetings in DREAMS implementing districts.
- Strengthen use and adherence to standard operating procedures (SOPs) provided by MOH in all data management and reporting processes.
- Support peer group facilitators to track service layering data at both facility and community
- Ensure tablets are functional at all time for real time data entry by peer facilitators in the UDTS
- Reconcile inconsistencies in weekly data reports sent from project-support staff with data in the hard copies and online systems.
- Conduct monthly data quality assessments (DQAs) and take part in other prevention as necessary
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- The ideal candidate must hold a diploma with at least 6 months experience and UACE with 1 year of experience in managing HIV data management.
- At least three months of experiences in data management particularly in the Northern region
- Experience in data management of health data will be an added advantage.
How To Apply for URC Jobs in Uganda 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 14th June 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .