Job Title: Asst Programme CBI Officer – UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UNHCR Uganda
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
UNHCR Uganda Profile:
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
The Assistant Programme CBI Officer is an active member of the bureau/field operation/division and is normally supervised by a professional member who manages and oversees the UNHCR cash assistance programmes. The incumbent supports to ensure that operations are compliant with the technical guidance and administrative instructions on CBI, and adequately monitored.
S/he normally receives guidance and direction from the Senior Programme CBI Officer or Programme CBI Officer or Programme Officer or other more senior staff. S/he may maintain close links with CBI staff in UNHCR HQ.
Internally the Assistant Programme CBI Officer will also liaise with UNCHR field offices and country offices. Externally s/he will liaise with Implementing and Operational Partners, National Governments, line ministries and UN agencies.
The incumbent is expected to work in line with the multi-functional team (MFT) approach as defined within the Program Manual, ensuring the participation of relevant stakeholders in all phases of the Program Management Cycle.
Roles and Responsibilities for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021 :
- Support the strategic and coherent use of CBI’s in the operations, assisting to ensure that CBI is maximised in assistance and service provision, strongly linking it to CRRF, MYMP and development, including linkages with Social Protection and Financial Inclusion.
- Support the review of and assist in coordinating the final clearance with DFAM of the CBI Standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the operations, with support from more senior staff.
- Support the development of cash assistance programmes and support the senior management to ensure that CBI is fully, effectively integrated into the country operations plan for protection and solutions and Annual Program Planning and COP.
- Assist in ensuring compliance to HALEP and that CBI is included in the preparedness and response planning and be a first responder to new emergencies/ and returns situations to ensure operations are using CBI as a modality, in collaboration with more senior staff.
- Support the effective and coordinated procurement and contracting of Financial Service Providers by procurement/supply and finance.
- Provide technical support on planning and assist in policy making on activities within the area of CBIs as an integral part of UNHCR programmes including assessments, planning and budgeting, technical choices, legal and regulatory aspects, implementation modalities and coordination.
- Support and collaborate with sectors to increase the use of CBI in education, shelter, livelihoods and where applicable in health and WASH programmes.
- Support the adequate inter-agency coordination mechanisms on CBIs and assist in building and maintaining strong relations with partners, regional entities and represent UNHCR in CBI coordination, with support from more senior staff.
- Support the establishment of a sound monitoring process for cash assistance, with proper collection, use and monitoring of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyse CBI¿s performance. Assist the supervisor in analysing trends and target interventions including CBI expenditure, upstream and downstream activities.
- Assist the supervisor in assessing the technical soundness of the operations and generate data for evidence-based decisions.
- Assist the supervisor in fulfilling CBI related reporting requirements.
- Support the use of UNHCR corporate tools and systems.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
- This position is open to applications from Group 1, Group 2 and all external candidates, provided that requirements regarding professional experience, academic qualifications, language, etc. are fulfilled.
- Candidates must be primarily Ugandan nationals. The minimum educational requirement for this position is a university degree.
- For P1/NOA – 1 year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
- Social or Political Science;
- Business Administration;
- Social Economics;
- OR other relevant field. (Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
- not specified;
Relevant Job Experience
- Experience in cash based assistance programmes, humanitarian programming or other relevant work experience. Knowledge and technical skills in set up, design, implementation and monitoring of CBIs.
- not specified;
- PG-UNHCR’s Programmes
- CB-Cash-based Programming/Managing/Planning
- (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
How To Apply for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 12 th December 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .