Job Title: Fresher WASH Officer – UN Volunteers Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
Job Location: Mbarara
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) Profile:
UNICEF, also the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the WASH Specialist the UNV WASH Officer will undertake the following tasks:
1. Programme development and planning
- Draft updates for WASH in the situation analysis, to inform the development of WASH-related outcome and output results. Research and report on trends in WASH, for use in programme development, management, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Prepare technical reports and inputs for programme preparation and documentation, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and relevance of information.
- Contribute to the development/establishment of WASH-related outcome and output results, as well as related strategies, through analysis of WASH sector needs and priorities.
- Prepare required documentations/materials to facilitate review and approval processes.
2. Programme management, monitoring and delivery of result
Work collaboratively with colleagues and partners to collect/analyze/ share information on implementation issues, provide solutions on routine programme implementation and alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level interventions and/or decisions. Keep records of reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual sectoral reviews with government and other counterparts and prepare reports on results for required action/interventions at the higher level of programme management.
- Monitor and report on the use of sectoral programme resources (financial, administrative and other assets), verify compliance with approved allocations, organizational rules, regulations/procedures and donor commitments, standards of accountability and integrity. Report on issues identified to enable timely resolution by management/stakeholders.
- Prepare sectoral progress reports for management, donors and partners.
3. Technical and operational support for programme implementation
- Undertake field visits and surveys, collect and share reports with partners/stakeholders. Report critical issues, bottlenecks and potential problems to supervisor, for timely action.
- Provide technical and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and other country office partners/donors on the application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes and best practices in WASH, to support programme implementation.
4 Humanitarian WASH preparedness and response
- Study and fully understand UNICEF’s procedures for responding in an emergency.
Take up support roles in an emergency response and early recovery, as and when the need arises.
5 Networking and partnership building
- Build and sustain close working partnerships with government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate programme implementation and build capacity of stakeholders to achieve WASH output results.
- Draft communication and information materials for WASH programme advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnership/alliances and support fund-raising for WASH.
6 Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Assist in the development, implementation, monitoring and documentation of WASH action research and innovation (technical or systems).
- Assist in the preparation of learning/knowledge products, covering innovative approaches and good practices, to support overall WASH sector development.
- Assist in creating and delivering learning opportunities for UNICEF WASH staff, to ensure our sector capacity remains up to date with latest developments.
- Participate as a resource person in capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders.
Degree in Water and Environmental Management, Engineering, Public Health, Social Sciences, or WASH related field.
D emonstrated experience in WASH sector and programme management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of policies and program management in post crisis situations;
- Experience working within a UN agency and experience in or understanding and managing projects/programmes with multiple donor partners;
- Experience in mainstreaming gender equality, conflict sensitivity and human rights in designing and implementing related projects including monitoring and reporting on these cross-cutting themes and SDGs;
- Demonstrated interest in Results Based Management (RBM), monitoring and evaluation, planning, evaluation, statistics and/or research methodologies is required;
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Knowledge of latest development in the field of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
Experience in mainstreaming gender equality, conflict sensitivity and human rights in designing and
implementing related projects including monitoring and reporting on these cross-cutting themes and SDGs;
Knowledge of policies and program management in post crisis situations;
Accountability, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
How To Apply for UN Volunteers Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 1st June 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .