Job Title: – Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2021 Travel Officer
Organization: International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance & Admin Manager
International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Profile
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organisation, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence.
The Travel Officer ensures that Travel activities are organized smoothly, including coordination of pickup/drop-off of ICRC staff and guests, travel arrangements, visas and permits, official registration and accommodation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates flight schedules and arranges airport or hotel pick-up and drops with the Fleet department.
- Organizes, facilitates and ensures appropriate accommodation for new arrivals, visitors, field trips and workshops.
- Organizes Travel files, business cards, briefing programmes and tours of the delegation for new arrivals.
- Organizes staff travel by the most cost-effective means (makes flight reservations, purchases tickets and confirms flights for professional and private travels).
- Processes travel and immigration documents with relevant authorities for visas, work permits, travel insurance, health certificates, ID cards etc) for staff or visitors.
- Sources, arranges and negotiates various options and discounted prices for hotels in the country.
- Sources, arranges and negotiates discounted airfares, travel agencies etc.
- Keeps all appropriate databases up to date on staff members, missions/other travel, document validity, residency, and any other relevant information (schools, airlines, telephone numbers, etc.).
- Organizes communication flow between ICRC offices, sub-delegations, delegations and/or headquarters regarding staff travel.
- Organizes the Travel side of events/meetings/seminars, coordinating with the parties concerned.
- Manages the filing and archiving of expatriates’ files.
- Arranges and organises school enrolment of expatriates’ children.
- The ideal applicant must hold a University degree in Administration, Travel industry, Tourism, Hospitality or similar relevant training in a recognised institution
- At least three years work experience in a relevant similar field (travel agency, immigration services or hospitality industry)
- Computer proficiency
- Very good command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of French is an added advantage.
- Possession of a Driving licence is an added advantage
- Sense of responsibility and ability to take initiative and to work independently
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Flexibility and resistance to stress.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
How To Apply for Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2021
All Interested candidates should submit their electronic application, CV and copies of academic and work certificates to [email protected] . Attach your documents as a single file/document. No paper applications will be received. Travel Officer must be stated in the email subject.
Deadline: 4th June 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.