Job Title: 5 Fresher Emergency Medical Technicians – Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Reports to: Programme Manager – Response to Public Health Emergencies
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) Profile:
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
The Emergency Medical Technician is required to be one of the first healthcare professionals to arrive at the scene of an emergency. The main role of this position is to ensure timely arrival of the ambulance at the scene of an emergency, provide emergency medical care on site and in the course of transportation to the health facility. 24-hour shift work (including weekends) is usually a standard requirement of the job.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responding to emergency calls and coordinating with the emergency response teams;
- Assessing patients, providing emergency treatment, making working diagnoses and referral to appropriate health facility;
- Monitoring and administering medication, pain relief and intravenous infusions accordingly in line with one’s scope of practice;
- Dressing wounds/injuries;
- Transporting patients to hospital and continuing to provide treatment while in transit;
- Providing hospital staff with patient information including condition and treatment;
- Helping provide patient care at the health facilities;
- Communicating effectively with patients and their relatives/friends;
- Teaching and training members of the public to use first aid techniques correctly;
- Compile periodic reports;
- Adhere to the Professional Code of Conduct and Ethics;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- The ideal candidate must hold a Diploma in Clinic Medicine, Nursing or Paramedical related courses from a reputable organisation;
- Additional training in Basic or Advanced Life Support procedures will be an added advantage;
- MUST be registered with relevant Professional Council and in possession of a valid Practicing Licence.
- One year of experience in Clinical Practice, specifically in Surgical/Emergency/Medical Departments OR in a busy Health Facility.
- Knowledge of Ambulance Service operations will be an added advantage.
- High level of integrity
- Should have strong communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Understands basic medical-legal principles
- A caring and outgoing personality
- Good communication skills
- The ability to make swift decisions and stay calm
- A good level of physical fitness
- Good navigational skills and driving skills
How To Apply for Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2021
Please send your filled application form, Download Here and attach your academic transcripts and certificates, filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed to; [email protected] or hand-delivered, and or by post to:
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Email to: [email protected]
When applying please indicate your preferred location.
Due to large volumes of applications, only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification
Deadline : 9 th August 2021 at 5:00pm
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.