Job Title: 4 Health Officers – Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Grade: UR 5
Reports to: Manager Epidemics and Pandemic Preparedness & Response
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) Profile:
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. URCS is implementing COVID-19 response interventions through community structures using the National Community Engagement Strategy (CES). The purpose is to support behavioural change and compliance to COVID-19 preventive measures with the goal of strengthening community resilience to COVID-19 effects.
The Public Health Officer will be responsible for supporting activities under CES at district and community level and other COVID-19 related activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carry out results based activities in a timely manner within the project scope and cost so as to ensure quality of interventions.
- Support districts in preparatory planning activities for project activities and support trainings of different stakeholders and action planning
- At district and community level support and strengthen Community Engagement Strategy roll out and strengthen Village COVID-19 Task Force functions like risk communication, social Mobilization and Community engagement conducted among key target groups
- Support districts to carry out community rapid assessment by Village COVID-19 Task Force Teams including focus group discussions.
- Support data collection exercises, community dialogues and usage of the information to improve community interventions at district and community level
- Production of timely narrative and accountability reports, according to URCS and partner procedures
- Participate in monitoring visits at district and community level and participating in meetings with relevant actors including project partners in assessing trends, patterns and changing needs and consequently advise on appropriate strategies
- Support welfare requirements and build capacity of URCS branches and volunteers such as timely submission of deployment forms
- Perform any other duty assigned by the technical and line managers.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Health Sciences (e.g. Nursing, Public Health, Health Promotion, Clinical Medicine), Community Health, Health Systems Management, or Social Sciences BUT with a post graduate in Public Health or related profession from a reputable institution;
- Post Graduate qualification in Public Health or a related field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in implementing community based health projects with the Red Cross movement.
- Knowledge and/or Training in Epidemic Control for volunteers, Participatory Hygiene and Sanitation Transformation (PHAST) and Community Based Health and First Aid (CBHFA) methodologies;
- Knowledge and/or experience in integrating protection, gender and inclusion, community engagement and accountability into community based health and/or hygiene programming
Core competencies and knowledge
- High level of Integrity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with good understanding of relevant cross-cultural issues.
- Positive, respectful attitude and collaborative approach to diversity
- Track record in participation, technical training, facilitation and awareness raising activities
- Demonstrated attention to detail; ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently as well as cooperatively with team members
- Team player, self-motivated and proactive on own initiative to set and achieve goals
- Highly motivated, self-starter able to lead a process, engage others and create ownership
How To Apply for Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2021
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer and mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms, academic transcripts and certificates should be e-mailed to; [email protected] or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Email: [email protected]
Deadline : 22nd November 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.