Job Title: – UDHA Uganda Jobs 2021 Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Organization: Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA)
Duty Station: UDHA headquarters in Iganga, with frequent travels in the districts of operation
Reports to: M&E Manager
Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA) Profile:
Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA) strives to empower, promote and strengthen key health and development interventions in communities where we work. We envision a society in which people are fully empowered to manage their health and development needs. UDHA seeks to fill the positions below in anticipation of a sub Grant award to implement the HIV/TB activities supported by the Global Fund through THE AIDS Support Organization (TASO) Uganda, the Second Principal recipient of the Global Fund , UDHA will be a Sub Recipient(SR) of TASO Uganda for third cycle of the New Funding Model (NFM3) for the period 2021 to 2023. The Grants aims to support the implementation of Uganda’s Response to the HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis.
The M & E officer is responsible for supporting the M&E Manager in designing and implementing the M& E activities of the Project. Working with the Project team in preparing project progress and monitor the project activities on a regular basis. The M&E Officer works in close collaboration with project team other partners to deliver desired results.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Ensure that data generated is entered into the available databases.
• Develop Work plans, guidelines & standard procedures for the monitoring and evaluations
• Develop Monitoring and Evaluation tools& feedback mechanisms developed.
• Generate periodic reports from data generated, circulate them donors and districts.
• Monitor Project effectiveness and efficiencies.
• Project data quality assessment audit exercise conducted and reports compiled & submitted and risk assessment carried out.
• Record and reporting tools distributed to all stakeholders.
Job roles and responsibilities
• Participate in designing & updating systems to monitor and evaluations of the project
• Provide technical support in development of project monitoring tools.
• Propose strategies to increase data use & demand amongst project staff and clarify project information needs.
• Support project staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture project progress, Review the performance of existing management information systems to help identify potential modification of resources.
• Perform regular field visits to districts of operations to ensure the quality of data collected HCWs, project staff and verify the accuracy of the reported area.
• Participate in development of draft Tools and their revisions as well as data collection procedures.eg Logical framework, Project performance tracking, indicators, data flow chart, and M&E manual.
• The M&E Officer will support the program teams in planning process and development of Monitoring, evaluation and learning activities.
• He/she will define specific processes, methodologies and tools for M & E and reporting in line with UDHA principles.
• Support the M&E Manager in overseeing and quality assurance of all field data collection exercises, data management, and analysis, contribute to timely and quality internal and external reporting of project data.
• Facilitate capacity building process of project staff on knowledge, skills and competencies necessary for effective M & E through training and coaching.
• Support the project team and partners in extracting lessons learnt and good practices, and documenting case studies which demonstrate qualitative and quantitative changes.
• Perform any other M&E and other programmatic duties that might be assigned from time to time.
• A Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social sciences, statistics, Public Health, Quantitative Economics, Computer science, Population and demography or Information technology
• Post graduate studies (Diploma) in M and E is an added advantage.
• A minimum of three years of work experience is required preferably in an NGO setting
• HIGH LEVEL OF INTEGRITY
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills are required, excellent coordination and organizational skills.
• Ability to plan workload and demonstrate accountability for outputs with minimal direct supervision.
• Ability to work under pressure, ability to prioritize and commitment to meet deadlines.
• Proven knowledge of computerized systems; high degree of computer literacy and word processing and spreadsheet/Excel skills.
• Experience with statistical packages (e.g. SPSS, STATA) and familiarity with IT applications to support M & E and information management an added advantage.
• Ability to facilitate capacity building and training at different levels for M & E.
• Good knowledge and strong demonstrated experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning, including participatory approaches.
How To Apply for UDHA Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates who meet the requirements are encouraged to submit a single PDF with their cover letter, CV, and certified copies of their academic documents of not more than 2GB addressed as below to: [email protected] with copy to [email protected]
The Executive Officer Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA) P. O. Box 77, Iganga Municipality
Closing Date: 9th April 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.