Job Title: Contact Tracing and Linkage Officer – UDHA Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA)
Duty Station: UDHA headquarters in Iganga, with frequent travels in the districts of operation
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA) Profile
Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA) strives to empower, promote and strengthen key health and development interventions in communities we work. We envision a society in which people are fully empowered to manage their health and development needs. UDHA is Sub Recipient to TASO under the new funding model implemented in partnership with TASO and aims to support the implementation of Uganda’s Response to the HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis.
He/she will work closely with ALL TB Diagnostic and Treatment Units(DTU) to facilitate Health workers to carry out contact tracing for TB confirmed cases and ensure that TB preventive therapy(TPT) is provided to those that are eligible as spelt out in the Operational guidelines for TB contact investigation (2019). He/she will ensure that all data related to contact tracing and TPT is correctly collected and entered into national database.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide timely Facilitation to Health workers to be able to carry out contact tracing to all patients diagnosed with TB at DTU.
- Ensure complete documentation of all contact tracing activities carried out
- Ensure that ALL persons eligible for TPT receive it as per guidelines.
- Ensure that ALL those diagnosed with TB during contact tracing are started on TB treatment.
- Work closely with DTU to ensure complete, correct and accurate documentation and reporting is done.
- Carry out geographical mapping of DTUs and come up with rates for transport rates for Health workers
- Providing technical support in performance improvement and implementation of the HIV/TB Program activities in the respective areas of operations.
- Coordinating regular tracking of results relevant to core HIV/TB program targets and report to the respective program areas offices.
- Carrying out quarterly performance audits and feedback in their respective districts, taking care to involve the participation of district authorities, area Teams, and other stakeholders
- Collating program monitoring and evaluation reports on quarterly, and annual basis for the TB contact tracing and TPT provision.
- Build stronger collaborations between the DHOs, DTLS, TB focal person at Health facilities, District Laboratory Supervisor, Biostatistician and Facility-Community Linkage Facilitators
- Work with project officers in the Comprehensive districts to ensure that activities related to TB contact tracing and TPT provision are implemented as expected.
- Gather monthly contact tracing and IPT provision reports from Project officers and compile them into one reports.
- Be responsive when called upon by the donor or NTLP to provided performance progress updates.
- Support Differentiated service delivery models and community support programs plans in collaboration with CHWs and CBOs
- Perform any other duties assigned to you from time to time by the immediate supervisor
Minimum academic Qualifications
- The job holder should have a minimum of Diploma in Clinical Medicine, Public Health, and Certificate in Nursing or Laboratory training, Health Assistants or Medical related background training.
- Bachelor’s degree in sciences or post graduate training is in science related course is an added advantage.
- Riding skills and possession of a valid riding permit a Must
- Good report communication and report writing skills.
- Computer skills especially Word processing, Excel spread sheet and power point.
EXERCISE HIGH LEVEL OF INTEGRITY.
- The job holder should have a work experience of at least 3 years in a health institution, NGO and exposure health facility and community activities is an added advantage. Exposure to work environment managing TB patients is an added advantage.
How To Apply for UDHA Jobs 2021
To download and read full job requirements please go to: www.udhauganda.org and www.pila-consultants.com Please provide a detailed CV that demonstrates possession of relevant competencies, current position, the job requirements specified, academic qualifications, employment experience including current position, and contact details of three referees preferably from previous or current employments. All candidates who meet the requirements are encouraged to submit in single PDF their cover letter, CV and CERTIFIED copies of academic documents of not more than 2GB via email to [email protected] quoting the position of interest in the subject line
For further details please contact PILA Consultants Limited Tel: +256-393 275 892, Mob: +256-78-4-219107, 0704-706910 E-mail: [email protected] . You can also visit these websites: www.pila-consultants.com , www.tasouganda.org .
While UDHA appreciates all the interested applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case you do not hear from UDHA one month after the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any telephone solicitation will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 15th December 2021 at 5:00 pm