Job Title: 2 – Tugende Uganda Jobs 2022 Product Development Officers
Organization: Tugende Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Product Development Senior Officer
Tugende Uganda Profile
Tugende uses asset finance, technology, and a customer-centric model to help informal sector entrepreneurs dramatically increase their economic trajectory. Tugende’s core asset finance packages include medical and life insurance, training, safety equipment and digital credit profiles in addition to affordable asset financing for SMEs. By helping clients grow economically and build digital track records of responsibility, we are creating a long-term ecosystem for MSMEs to grow and thrive.
Tugende is tackling the credit gap for small businesses in Africa by enabling informal entrepreneurs to: 1) own income?generating assets, 2) build a verifiable digital credit profile, and 3) earn future growth opportunities through the Tugende digital platform. This platform includes discounts, smartphones, e?commerce opportunities, and on?demand credit lines. Tugende has financed 52,000+ productive asset leases valued at over USD 35 million. The company has 750+ employees serving clients across 23 branches in Uganda and 10 in Kenya. Tugende is growing into new geographies and asset product lines including boat engines for fishermen and fridges for retail shops.
The PD Officer will work in the Product Development Department and he / she will be primarily responsible for conducting in-field market research for new high-potential products and services as defined by the company’s Product Development Strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare detailed new product research proposals
- Conduct in-field market research for new high-potential products and services of the company’s priority sectors and evaluate clients’ needs.
- Lead the Marketing and sales of the new products still under development
- Recommend approval or rejection of loan applications
- Identify and submit a pool of potential product suppliers and service providers for pilot products to the Senior PD Officer to review.
- For products that will be mainstreamed i.e. post-pilot phase, prepare and conduct new product training to responsible Branch Operations staff. Ensure that the Branch Operations staff can sustainably manage new products and services and achieve the company’s annual / quarterly / monthly / weekly targets.
- Actively seek out new product opportunities across all Branches.
- Set up meetings with potential clients to gather feedback and share with internal stakeholders.
- Act as the contact person for all new product and service inquiries and coordinate with the PD Department and the Marketing Department to manage new client / product pipeline across all Branches.
- Ensure client information in systems is 100% accurate at all times. Ensure that data is collected is properly administered
- Identify and recommend different locations where different products and services can be piloted.
- Support the Marketing Department to implement the identified marketing plan across all relevant Branches.
- Complete related documents
- Respond to applicants and resolve any product related issues
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Q ualification and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or any other business related courses.
- At least 1 years experience in Sales and Marketing of loan products, Field Work and Google Suite.
Preferred skills, knowledge & abilities:
- Ability to Ride a motorcycle
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of G-suite computer application
- Good time-management and ability to work to multiple deadlines
- Ability to interact effectively with senior management and staff at all levels
- Accuracy and good attention to detail
- Thorough understanding of marketing and negotiating techniques
- Fast learner and passion for sales
- Hold values similar to our own: Adopt and champion the values that Tugende stands for: Integrity, Empathy, Teamwork, Solutions-Oriented and Always growing.
- Confidentiality: Able to handle sensitive information professionally and confidentially.
- Positive Attitude: The main mindset of “getting things done” and finding satisfaction in developing sustainable long-term solutions at all times.
- Flexible and resilient: Willingness to travel, flexible in schedule and work hours, seek direct feedback and see every challenge as an opportunity to grow.
How To Apply for Tugende Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 1st August 2022