Transport & Logistics Officer
Jobs at:Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Manage and Control the effective use of organization’s vehicles to ensure good stewardship as per JCRC and Donor Transport Policy and Procedures to ensure that fleet is maintained in the manner that will provide reliable transportation for effective implementation of project work.
Duties and Responsibilities;
• Facilitate the registration of Motor Vehicles, renewal of Road Licenses and Fitness.
• Maintain the Vehicle Database for proper review and monitoring.
• Ensure the issuance of a weekly travel matrix.
• Produce summary of vehicle usage reports.
• Scheduling & Routing of vehicles & drivers so as to ensure that members of staff needing transport are facilitated to carry out their various assignments.
• Facilitate healthy functioning and timely service of all vehicles and ensuring that all repairs carried out meet the required standard to minimize accidents and break downs.
• Ensure that comprehensive Insurance for all Motor vehicle/bikes is done and insurance claims are effected immediately after the accident has occurred.
• Be available 24hrs to provide assistance in case of accidents or breakdowns and to effect emergence repairs by insuring that there is appropriate security for project motor vehicles.
• Ensure that appropriate procedures and control on the issuance of fuel and lubricants is in place.
• Monitoring of vehicle movements through the tracking system as per standard procedures.
• Provide project vehicle log books to document and monitor vehicle transport utilization as per required JCRC standards and systems.
• Prepare comparative analysis reports so as to ensure that fuel drawn on all vehicles & motorbikes to good use.
• Work in liaison with Supply Chain in recommending standard models of motor vehicles/bikes that meet required operational needs.
• Provide supervision and identify training gaps to drivers.
• Participate and support development and design of guidelines/policies that relate to fleet for JCRC for effective operations.
• Undertake additional assignments given by immediate supervisor.
Qualifications and experience;
• Diploma or bachelor of motor vehicle mechanics.
• At least 2 or more years of fleet management experience preferably in a donor setting.
• Good report writing and supervision skills.
• Fluency in English both written and spoken.
• Good Communication and interpersonal skills essential
• Critical Thinker and ability to make decisions .
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment with NGO experience is added advantage.
• Must be computer literate High professional ethics and proficiency.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications must be addressed to;
Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: [email protected] The application deadline is Friday 6th August, 2021 at 12:00pm.
Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Date of Expiry
Friday, 6 August 2021