Job Title: Office Attendant – THETA-Uganda Jobs 2021
Funding Source: Global Fund
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Administrative Assistant
THETA-Uganda is a not-for-profit Ugandan Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) and company limited by guarantee. The Organization was founded as a research project in 1992 and registered as an NGO in 1995. THETA’s core mandate is to improve health and access to health care through promotion of collaboration between the traditional and biomedical health care systems.
About Global Fund Project:
THETA Uganda has received this funding from the Global Fund through TASO for the West Nile Cluster to support activities that contribute to the strategic objectives under the Uganda Malaria Reduction Strategic Plan (UMRSP) 2021-2025. The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) is an international partnership that provides grants to lower income countries with high HIV, Malaria and Tuberculosis disease burden. The fund has been supporting Uganda since 2003 to fight the three diseases (HIV, TB and Malaria).
Based in one of the Project Districts in West Nile, the main role is to ensure that the agency offices, compound, garden, toilets, pit latrines, rails, and stairs are kept in a clean and orderly condition. The incumbent will provide a high quality cleaning service that includes tasks such as vacuuming, mopping, dusting, emptying bins, and polishing surfaces, offices and corridors.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Slashing, raking and clearing of grass trimmings.
- Hedge trimming and removing slit from drainage channels.
- Potted plants and flowers, pruning and watering.
- Digging around the building and maintaining gardens.
- Sweeping, mopping all floors, cleaning windows, and removing cob webs.
- Dusting, polishing all surfaces including equipments and arranging furniture.
- Emptying waste bins.
- Cleaning blind and wash rooms.
- Washing office curtains and clothing
- Continuous picking of litter and cleaning parking yard and areas outside the perimeter wall.
- Report any area that requires repair to supervise.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Clean toilets.
- Wipe all surfaces.
- Clean sink, tap, draining board and basins.
- Clean stairs i.e. brush and mop the stairs and stairways.
- Notify administration when materials are running low so that they can be ordered centrally.
- Clean the rails on a daily basis.
- Remove cob webs from all corners.
- Wash curtains.
- To do thorough general cleaning of the THETA premises once every month preferably Saturdays.
- Previous experience of cleaning including the use of chemicals and using cleaning machines safely
- Demonstrated reliability
- Ability to communicate competently and understand instructions in English and in common local language/s.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to understand and adhere to company security policies is key and will be assessed.
How To Apply for THETA-Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should send their application letters and updated CVs together and they MUST not be more than 5 pages. They should apply online at the link below.
- All applicants must provide 3 professional referees who should be stated with clear phone and email contact details
- All applicants must be ready for immediate deployment for all positions.
Deadline: Friday, 17 th September 2021 by 4:00pm
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.