Technical Officer - VMMC Quality Assurance
Jobs at:Baylor College of Medicine Children's Foundation - Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
10 October 2021
Within Uganda , Mbale , East Africa
Date Posted: Sunday, September 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The officer will provide team leadership to the district based VMMC teams, ensure compliance to VMMC quality standards, monitor VMMC data recording and reporting and supervise VMMC service delivery. They will provide technical camp leadership in the areas of VMMC service provision, quality assurance, and quality improvement for better clinical outcomes.
• Ensure documentation of all surgical and follow-up procedures.
• Ensure that circumcisions are carried out safely in accordance with agreed policies.
• Ensure that all circumcision activities are done according to the standard operating procedures.
• Establish and implement a system to ensure technical quality of VMMC project activities.
• Provide mentoring and capacity building to facility and cluster staff in specific areas of expertise in VMMC and quality assurance
• Support the formulation of innovative approaches for scale up of targeted VMMC services
• Work with health care providers, local authorities, community members and project team members to identify clinical service delivery issues that impede access to care and uptake of VMMC services
• Identify and implement appropriate facility and community-based strategies to address VMMC service delivery gaps
• Identify training needs for clinical and community healthcare providers and assist in the design and implementation of measures to address those needs
• Work with M&E staff to design and implement a plan to track data/results related to VMMC to inform adjustments in project implementation
• Document successes, lessons learned and challenges in implementation as well as reports of VMMC project activities and results to the project and donor, including routine quarterly and annual reports and other reporting requirements as requested
• Document and maintain an inventory of successful tools and approaches for VMMC
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
• Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health or equivalent.
• Must be registered with the Allied Health professionals’ Council.
• At least 3 years’ experience in providing VMMC services. Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to ride a motorcycle is an added advantage.Must be willing to work in rural settings
• 3 Years Relevant Experience
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://careers.baylor-uganda.org/jobs/job-application/226/opportunity-welcome