Jobs at:Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The HIV/TB Officer is responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing and monitoring project activities covering TB/HIV within their assigned districts. S/He provides technical support and oversight to all project areas including community TB/HIV case identification, management, DR-TB surveillance, infection control, DOTs strengthening, recording and reporting, tracking of lost TB/HIV clients and application of QI in improving TB/HIV services.
Duties and responsibilities;
1. Work with Clinical Mentors and facility teams to identify community support needs to help facilities achieve key HIV/TB targets.
2. Develop and implement monthly and quarterly work plans and ensure all planned activities are implemented
3. Work with community-based teams to generate progress reports for internal and external sharing including weekly, monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual reports
4. Support identification, capacity building and remuneration for Community Linkages Facilitators and other applicable community structures
5. In coordination with CTL, provides coordination support for all project areas of HIV and TB
6. Work with CTL, and partners at the districts to ensure all required tools, supplies and other logistics required for the smooth running of TB/HIV activities are secured and made available to CLFs and other community structures
7. Compile all reports and submit in time.
8. Represent JCRC in HIV/TB working groups and other program influencing fora in the district/facilities.
9. Work with Districts and health sub-district systems to ensure and maximize achievement of results through cross-sectorial working and coordination.
10. Provide Technical Support to CLFs to effectively implement TB/HIV activities related to the project program area as planned
11. Support CLFs and other community structures to compile weekly and monthly progress reports
12. Work with the M&E team to aggregate and share all reports with the project team at the region as scheduled
13. Support the generation of evidence and lessons emerging from our TB/HIV programming, including sharing lessons within and outside the region.
14. Account for all funds received in a timely manner
Qualifications & Experience;
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in Clinical Medicine, Nursing, biomedical sciences. Candidates with a Diploma in Clinical Medicine/Nursing with hands on experience in TB/HIV work may be considered
• Must have a minimum of 2 years working experience in TB/HIV care and program work
• Good interpersonal and computer skills is desirable.
• Experience working in the Lango Sub Region is an added advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications must be addressed to;
Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: [email protected] The application deadline is Friday 6th August, 2021 at 12:00pm.
Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Date of Expiry
Friday, 6 August 2021