Job Title: Clinical Care Coordinator – TASO Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: The Aids Support Organisation (TASO)
Duty Station: Gulu Uganda
Reports to: Head of Clinical Services/ Gulu Cluster Team Lead (LPS-Acholi)
The Aids Support Organisation (TASO) Profile:
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda), was founded to contribute to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease. TASO was given a 5-year Transition Award by USAID (Cooperative Agreement: #72061720CA00014) effective August 12, 2020 ending August 11, 2025, to implement the USAID Local Partner Health Services-Ankole Project (USAID LPS-Ankole) in the 12 districts of Ankole sub-region, South Western Uganda.
About USAID Project:
USAID expanded the TASO-Ankole implementing mechanism to the 8 districts in Acholi sub-region effective October 1, 2021, starting with Pader district effective July 1, 2021. The Ankole and Acholi sub-regions of South Western and Northern Uganda, respectively consist of 20 USAID-supported districts including: – Buhweju, Bushenyi, Ibanda, Isingiro, Kazo, Kiruhura, Mbarara, Mitooma, Ntungamo, Rubirizi, Rwampara and Sheema in Ankole Sub-Region; Agago, Amuru, Gulu, Kitgum, Lamwo, Nwoya, Omoro and Pader in Acholi sub-region; as well as their Cities and Municipalities.
The project’s overarching goal is to support the achievement of the Government of Uganda and PEPFAR goals of reaching and maintaining HIV epidemic control by 2020 and ending AIDS by 2030. The project is expected to support continued implementation of a district-based integrated package of quality HIV/AIDS and TB services in the public health sector to contribute towards attainment and sustenance of epidemic control; provide comprehensive technical support through training, coaching and mentorship to targeted public health facilities to enhance the delivery of quality HIV and TB services at facility and community level and position them to sustain epidemic control. In pursuit of such intentions, TASO requires the services of dedicated, competent, innovative and result-oriented individuals for employment on a contract basis for the posts below;
The overall objective of the Clinical Care Coordinator is to supervise, coordinate and administer provision of medical services at the GRRH ART Clinic and ensure compliance to procedures, regulations, standards and targets.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Develop and manage ART clinic work plans and budgets
- Ensure compliance to the set MoH and Donor standards, procedures and guidelines in the delivery of medical services
- Participate in day-to-day running of the HIV/AIDS clinic at GRRH including daily enrollment of all newly identified HIV positive infants, children, adolescents and adults.
- Work with staff at ART clinic, TB unit, and all facility entry points to strengthen TB screening, testing, initiation and completion of treatment and achievement of PEPFAR priority areas/indicators.
- Conduct routine Training Needs Assessments for the ART clinic teams and develop a staff capacity building plan/training schedule.
- Organize routine performance reviews at the ART clinic and ensure activities at the ART clinic are well coordinated and demonstrate results towards set targets.
- In collaboration with supported facility staff, monitor and support attainment of HIV prevention (VMMC, KP/PP, HTS, Recency, PMTCT), HIV Care enrolment, Care & Treatment, and TB Performance targets for infants, children, adolescents and adults.
- Work with ART clinic, TB unit, and other GRRH staff to plan and implement quality improvement activities/collaboratives to improve HIV testing outputs, enrollment into care and on ART, clinical and laboratory services monitoring aimed at improved delivery of high-quality HIV continuum of services for infants, children, adolescents and adults care; improved TB treatment outcome, and care for KP/PPs
- Support GRRH ART clinic pharmacy and Laboratory staff in forecasting, quantifying and requisitioning adequate commodities to support the HIV care and treatment continuum including ARVs, HIV test kits, viral load kits and opportunistic infections (O. Is) management medicines.
- Supervise and appraise the different program focal persons and all surbodinates.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports on the ART clinic medical services to the Head of Clinical Services and Gulu Cluster Team Lead
- Provide input to the Human Resource Department of GRRH to ensure adequate and competent staff in the ART clinic.
- Any other duty assigned by the Immediate supervisor
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBChB)
- Training in Program Management
- Training in Public Health
- Training in Provision of ART and HIV clinical care
- Four years of post-internship experience as a Medical Officer, 2 of them in HIV related work
- Emotional control
- Ability to work under mental and physical stress
How To Apply for TASO Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their resumes, copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials and three referees, two of who should be the present employer / immediate supervisor or last employer if unemployed, or any other if it is the first employment being applied for. None of the referees should be a relative, friend or business associate. All referees’ designations should be stated and contact details included i.e. physical address, telephone/ mobile numbers and email contacts.
All interested Candidates MUST scan and save all the relevant documents as one document (labeled with candidate’s full names) and forward only online applications with the relevant credentials to:
NB: Also note that only applications received online shall be considered. While TASO appreciates all the interested applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case you do not hear from TASO Uganda One (01) month after the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 20 th January 2022 by 5:00pm