Job Title: HIV Care and Treatment Officer – TASO Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: The Aids Support Organisation (TASO)
Duty Station: Uganda
The Aids Support Organisation (TASO) Profile:
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda) was founded to contribute to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease.
TASO was given a 5-year Transition Award by USAID (Cooperative Agreement: #72061720CA00014) effective August 12, 2020 ending August 11, 2025, to implement the USAID Local Partner Health Services-Ankole Project (USAID LPS-Ankole) in the 12 districts of Ankole sub-region, South Western Uganda. USAID expanded the TASO-Ankole implementing mechanism to the 8 districts in Acholi sub-region effective October 1, 2021, starting with Pader district effective July 1, 2021. The Ankole and Acholi sub-regions of South Western and Northern Uganda, respectively consist of 20 USAID-supported districts including: – Buhweju, Bushenyi, Ibanda, Isingiro, Kazo, Kiruhura, Mbarara, Mitooma, Ntungamo, Rubirizi, Rwampara and Sheema in Ankole Sub-Region; Agago, Amuru, Gulu, Kitgum, Lamwo, Nwoya, Omoro and Pader in Acholi sub-region; as well as their Cities and Municipalities.
The HIV Care and Treatment Officer will provide HIV- related and TB technical support to health care workers at supported Health Facilities in assessment, diagnosis and clinical care of all patients.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Provide mentorship, coaching and updates to service providers and offer patients quality care and treatment services according to the national guidelines and standards in select facilities.
- Supporting accelerated HIV care and treatment efforts directed towards increasing enrolment of HIV infected children and adolescents.
- Ensure that project-supported clinical care activities at ART /PMTCT ITB sites conform to National HIV care and treatment guidelines and the project standards.
- Support Health workers to offer clinical services to HIV IAIDS and TB patients by clinically staging the patients using the WHO classification and recommend relevant investigations for patients to prepare them for ART treatment initiation.
- Support the service providers by recommending relevant treatment and care for the patients with opportunistic infections and recommend initiation of ART treatment in accordance with the MOH recommended guidelines.
- Liaise with other project staff working in the facility and community to address all issues across the 95-95-95 HIV Cascade
- Mentorship, coaching and updates to service providers provided according to the national guidelines and standards
- Enrolment of HIV infected children and adolescents increased
- Project-supported clinical care activities at ART IPMTCT ITB sites conform to National HIV care and treatment guidelines and the project standards
- Outcomes along the 95-95-95 HIV Cascade improved
- Issues of TB defaulter tracing, Back-to-care efforts, HIV prevention and addressing other social determinants of health to mitigate the impact of those affected and infected by HIV addressed
- Differentiated service delivery models, multi-month dispensing (MMD) and systems for inter and intra facility referrals instituted
- Services rendered to the patients are documented in the relevant service registers
- Quality HIV/ AIDS and TB services is attained for patients seeking the services
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Bachelor of surgery. Active Registration with the Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners Council is a MUST.
- Master’s degree in Public Health or related field will be an added advantage
- Specialized training in clinical management of HIV/ AIDS, TB and opportunistic infections
- Trained in current HIV management, care and treatment and additional training as a TOT or in both pediatric, adolescent and adult rational ART use.
- Three years of HIV &AIDS/TB clinical experience
- Experience working in a health facility offering HIV Comprehensive care and treatment is desired
- Experience in providing Technical Assistance to large scale HIV I AIDS HSS interventions within MoH structures and systems
- Experience in Clinical Care of infants, children and adolescents would be an added advantage
- Demonstrable knowledge of HIV knowledge and the various interventions being offered to prevent and control the morbidity and mortality arising from the infection.
- Knowledge of USG programming policies and regulations, MoH and district procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of the local language is desirable.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in HIV I AIDS/TB management
- Good working knowledge of HIV / AIDS/TB programs, strategies, processes and techniques used to plan, develop, implement and evaluate results of HIV / AIDS programs
- Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office Applications and experience in strategic information management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Local language and English, including report writing.
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours as needed and with minimum supervision.
- Willingness to work in a rural setting
- Ability to provide a wide range of clinical services, capable of effective communication and transference of skills.
- Excellent report writing
- Computer software skills for word processing.
- Other Qualities / Attributes: Integrity, Emotional control, Confidentiality and Openness, Team player, Ability to work under mental and physical stress and Empathy.
How To Apply for TASO Uganda Jobs 2021
Only qualified candidates who meet all the above requirements are invited to submit their resume, copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials and three referees, two of who should be the present employer / immediate supervisor or last employer if unemployed, or any other if it is the first employment being applied for. None of the referees should be a relative, friend or business associate. All referees’ designations should be stated and contact details included i.e. physical address, telephone / mobile numbers and email contacts.
All interested Candidates MUST fully fill the TASO Online Job Application Form, scan and save all the relevant documents as one document (labeled with candidate’s full names) and forward only online applications with the relevant credentials to:
NB: While TASO appreciates all the interested applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case you do not hear from TASO Uganda One (01) month after the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 13 th December 2021 by 4:30pm