Supply Chain Officer
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
30 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Supply Chain Officer-Nakivale
Save the Children International is currently recruiting for a Supply Chain Officer, to be based in Nakivale. The Supply Chain Officer will support the field office in the provision of logistics management, ensuring that this is done through timely service delivery to the field programmes in line with SCI policies, procedures and guidelines. He/she may be called upon as and when necessary to support the wider emergency team in cases of humanitarian crisis. Performance of tasks shall be executed in a manner that promotes value for money in accordance to SCI standards.
Under the supervision of the Team Leader and with Technical support from Field Supply Chain Coordinator, the post-holder will ensure efficient and effective day to day compliance and implementation of the supply chain management system in accordance with the SC policies, guidelines and procedures in Nakivale. The Supply Chain officer will implement the procurement, fleet, stores/ warehouse and asset management within the area of operation. S/he is charged with the supervision of drivers and management of relationships with service providers.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Procurement and supply chain or logistics management, Business administration with bias in procurement and supply chain management, Qualifications in related professional course like CIPS or CILT will be of added advantage.
• At least a years’ relevant working experience, preferably with International NGOs, and good understanding of major donor’s procurement requirements, conditions and government budgets and tax policies.
• Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to generate financial reports and meet set deadlines and with good integrity.
• People management skills.
• Good integrity and trust worthy.
• Demonstrated knowledge of international and local policies and frameworks relating to supply chain.
• Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
• Excellent time management and planning capacity
• Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
• Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
• Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
• Experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in Child Rights Governance, Health, Nutrition, Education, HIV/AIDS or Child Protection is an added advantage.
• Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities.
• Ability to speak local language and directly interact with target group will be an added advantage
• Strong analytical skills and planning abilities.
• Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions. The Organization
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.uganda.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Apply at: https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/application.jsstype=1&lang=en&portal=101430233&reqNo=68230
Application closes on August 30, 2021 at midnight Uganda time.