Strategic Information & Evaluation Technical Advisor
Jobs at:Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
29 January 2021
Within Uganda , Mbarara , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
“Sometimes in life there is that moment when it's possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments."
Elizabeth Glaser Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. Founded through a mother’s determination, we are driven to see a world where no other mother, child or family is devastated by this disease. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. For more information, please visit http://www.pedaids.org
EGPAF Uganda Country program scope involves: 1) the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in the South West Uganda project that aims to increase the availability, accessibility, and quality of integrated health services including HIV and TB prevention, care and treatment; maternal, neonatal, and child health services; family planning; nutrition assessment and counseling and support; malaria prevention and treatment; and other primary care services. 2) ELMA-funded Unfinished business project that focuses on closing the Adult-Pediatric ART gap; 3) Catalyzing Pediatric TB Innovations (CaP – TB) and 4) Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DnDI); 5) New Horizons project focusing on ALHIV Treatment Access and 6) The Pediatric HIV Breakthrough Partnership (ViiV Project).
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and competent candidates for the following position at the Foundation:
Job Title: Strategic Information & Evaluation Technical Advisor (Re-advertised)
Reports To: Director Strategic Information and Evaluation
Number of vacancies: 1
Working closely with the Technical Advisors for Strategic Information & Evaluation and technical advisors under Service Delivery, Health Systems Strengthening, Clinical Services, Community Linkages and Demand generation, the incumbent will work towards coordinated and efficient efforts in supporting local partners in designing, implementing and/or maintenance strong data management processes/systems established over the years to produce routine and non-routine data needed to generate GOU and donor data requirements to measure progress towards meeting programmatic targets. .
Core duties and responsibilities:
• Provide technical support to the local partners in the formulation of techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
• Provide technical support to the local partners to implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis
• Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.)
• Leads the EGPAF informatics team in ensuring that the digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses
• Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications
• Supports the local partners to generate and implement the data management plan, and ensures data management plan is followed according to project reporting and data requirements/needs.
• Provide technical support in defining and/or create data listings, summary table validation, data specifications and/or process data transfers in preparation for statistical review and/or data management audit.
• Respond to requests for standard and ad hoc data reports as required in a timely manner
• Provide onsite support in the maintenance, troubleshooting of the patient level electronic medical records including but not limited to UGEMR, the KP/PP tracker the Uganda DREAMS Tracker
• Directly support and work with EGPAF office and global EGPAF informatics team in developing, updating and maintaining of data visualizations dashboards.
• Support the SI&E/Informatics team in setting up and maintaining the GPS and mapping, Geographic Information System and data visualization and infographic design.
• Support the implementation of community surveys such as Lot Quality Assurance (LQAS) and other special studies as required.
• Provide technical support to the local partners’ data auditing and verification to assure internal consistency and validity of reports through quarterly data verification and auditing at site level to enhance related compliance to data quality standards in line with established MOH donor and partner standards
• Facilitate the interpretation and use of M&E data, through the quarterly district level and other project review meetings
Required qualifications, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• A minimum of a Master’s degree in demography, statistics, population studies, epidemiology, Public health or Information Technology. Formal training in health informatics is required
• At least 8 years’ experience in field epidemiology, public health program monitoring and evaluation with a strong bias in HIV/AIDS.
• Must have strong knowledge of Uganda MOH HMIS and PEPFAR data management systems
• Experience working with international NGOs implementing public health interventions
• Experience working with GOU and local organizations in M&E strengthening is an advantage.
• Must be familiar with GOU patient level electronic databases.
• Ability to prepare and deliver formal presentations on programs and results.
• Excellent data analysis skills and ability to think concisely, critically as well as distill information to lay audience.
• Good analytical thinking and ability to interpret public health, demographic and epidemiological data.
• Ability to fully grasp the complexity of data management, tech-savvy and possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent working knowledge of major databases and data visualizations applications and other analytical programs including but not limited to MS Office, GIS
Job Education Requirements: Master’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: 8 years
To apply for the above job, please follow this link: https://cho.tbe.taleo.net/cho01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=PEDAIDS&cws=41&rid=2048
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please submit a Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae only as one file in PDF format through the above careers link addressed to:
The Senior Human Resources Officer
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Plot 15, Kitante Close
P.O. Box 21127
Deadline for submission of applications is Friday 29th January 2021. NO HAND DELIVERED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please note that EGPAF does not solicit for fees to have applicants shortlisted or offered employment