Jobs at:Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The stores officer will be responsible for inventory accounting, receiving and issuing of stock items.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform monthly and quarterly stock checks and prepare monthly inventory reports for project management.
• Reconcile book quantities with physical quantities, analyze, Interpret and investigate the resulting variance.
• Implement and improve internal controls relating to inventories, including setting and monitoring minimum and maximum levels and re-order levels.
• Ensure that Purchase are raised for restock able items.
• Ensures that all Goods Received Notes have been raised.
• Ensure that goods received are matched with the actual invoices from the supplier.
• Receives stock from vendors via procurement section; inspects supplies and accepts or rejects same depending on quality and specification given vis-a-vis purchase orders etc.
• Provides effective technical support in the storage and timely distribution of stocks in order to ensure availability and safe custody of stocks to meet operational and maintenance requirements.
• Maintain a data base of all stocks and piles reports on any shortages, losses, obsolete items and expired stocks for the attention of superior.
• May be called to take on duties unique to the Institution e.g. invigilation; and
• Perform any other duties as by the Supervisor.
Qualifications & Experience;
• Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics Management or Supply Chain Management.
• Eligible candidate must have a minimum of two (02) years of hands-on relevant experience. working for a reputable organizations preferably NGOs.
• Possession of experience from a milt donor setting will be an added advantage.
• Computer knowledge including, but not limited, to MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
• Knowledge of PPDA Act and PPDA Regulations.
• High levels of integrity.
• Good judgment and strong communication skills.
• Good report writing skills.
• Customer-focused and hospitable.
• Attention to detail and quality.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Confident, decisive, and proactive.
• Excellent Organization Skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications must be addressed to;
Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: [email protected] The application deadline is Friday 6th August, 2021 at 12:00pm.
Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Date of Expiry
Friday, 6 August 2021