- Company: Church World Service (CWS)
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
Position Title: Staff Trainer Reports To: Training Supervisor. Division : Immigration & Refugee Program+ (IRP+) Department: Processing Support Job Location: Kampala, Uganda Grade Level: 6 (N), Senior Specialist FLSA & Union Status: Non-exempt and Non-Bargaining
Introduction: Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
Primary Purpose: This position is responsible for coordinating trainings for all Programs staff, development of training materials and delivery of trainings to RSC staff to ensure all are compliant with standard operating procedures. The position works closely with USRAP Programs Management and assists in designing and administrating assessments. Staff trainers may be deployed to the field to conduct observations or monitor training and compliance.
Essential Duties: • Assist RSC Africa Programs Management to on-board all new USRAP Programs staff, ensuring that all are proficient in RSC Africa SOP Manuals, in concert with the STARTS trainer. • Together with Programs Management, carry out training needs assessments and analyze collected needs assessment data, to inform Training Unit priorities and organizational training needs.
• Contribute to the development of training materials and manuals housed by the Training Unit. • Develop and facilitate 90-day evaluations, hiring assessments and quarterly training assessments, in coordination with RSC Africa Programs Management. • Develop and report on indicators for measuring the level of training success. • Track delivered trainings and maintain attendance records. Participate in inter-departmental process reviews with other Program staff. • Provide training logistics and scheduling support to assigned department in Programs or Pretoria sub-office, and Kasulu satellite office. • Schedules and ensures dry runs are completed for all appropriate Program presentation. • Assist Admin and Program Integrity with scheduled Program trainings through collaboration and provide logistical support. • Ensure trainings are properly highlighted on outlook and training calendars. • Supports training facilitators with train the trainer guidance, preparing presentation materials required, and planning. • Assist Training Manager in creation of Program onboarding materials. • Use known education principles and stay up-to-date on new training methods and techniques. • Maintain a current understanding of the US Refugee Admissions Program guidelines, PRM • Program Announcements, DHS policies and CWS RSC Africa’s Policies and Procedures. 15. • Performs other duties as assigned to enhance the effectiveness of RSC Africa Programs.
• Qualifications: • Experience: • Five (5) years of paid related work experience is required. • Two (2) years training experience is preferred.
• Skills: • Excellent interpersonal and innovative training skills. • Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, Outlook). • Thorough knowledge and comprehensive understanding of the Worldwide Refugee Admissions • Processing System (START) database and Operations Policies and Procedures
• Abilities: • Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities. • Maintain the integrity of official records; • Analyse and solve complex problems and make sound decisions; • Work with minimal supervision. • Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail; • Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa; • Work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation; • Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
Education & Certifications: • Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of paid work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree is required. • Certificate in course development, training development, instructional design, or an applicable training is preferred.
Important Requirements: • Ability to communicate fluently, both written and oral, in English • Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required. • Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial • Justice as a CWS employee required.
Special Requirements: • COVID Vaccination is strongly recommended for all successful candidates. • The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa/Remove if not applicable. • This position is based in Kampala, Uganda. • This position requires use of laptops at all time, competence in Microsoft office packages is required. • This position may require travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program. • Background check which includes references and an educational criminal check is required before the start of employment for International applicants. • A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel. • Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads. • Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces. • All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding the • COVID-19 pandemic. • This position is contingent upon approval of funding.