Social Behavior Change Specialist- Kampala
Save the Children International is currently recruiting for the, Social Behavior Change (SBC) Specialist at our Country Office in Kampala. The SBC Specialist leads Save the Children Uganda’s Social Behavior Change programming, including support to field teams implementing SBC activities, and support to PDQ Heads and Technical Specialists when SBC is integrated into sectoral programming. The role holder leads the design, delivery, and monitoring and evaluation of high-quality innovative SBC programming across Uganda’s Humanitarian, Nexus and Development contexts including standalone programming, and SBC integrated into sectoral programming. S/he represent SC and it’s SBC approaches and programming amongst government, UN and civil society partners, and demonstrate high-level thematic leadership. The SBC Specialist ensures that SC Uganda’s SBC approaches and programmes contribute to SC’s breakthrough ambitions-every child is Protected, Survives, and Learns- and to the achievement of Save the Children Uganda’s country strategy and milestones through integrated advocacy and communications, system strengthening, partnership (direct technical implementation or accompaniment of state and non-state actors), protection and gender transformative approaches and activities.
To be successful for this role, you will have/bring the following:
- A Masters in International Development, Communications or related field and/or significant experience in social behavior change programming, or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of experience implementing SBC programming, particularly in designing and implementing programing that contributes to the achievement of sectoral outcomes.
- Experience conducting sectoral assessments/mappings/analysis, documentation of lessons learned, best practices, and compelling write-up of results
- A strong track record working with national partner organizations
- Experience in strategy, program, and/or proposal development
- Experience working with coordination mechanisms such as Technical Working Groups
- Demonstrated training and technical advisory skills; seasoned in capacity-building
- Technical competencies in SBC programming
- Additional experience in WASH, School Health and Nutrition and Education highly valued
- Advanced computer skills such as excel, power point and other analysis tools.
- Proficiency in English language, both verbal and written
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards 3 breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. Please apply online by following this link **** indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been your direct supervisors.
Important to note: Testimonials/certificates SHOULD NOT be attached to application that is submitted online. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted and are therefore not considered during the shortlisting process. Application closes on March 26, 2021 at midnight Uganda time. We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.