Job Title: – Shared Action Africa Jobs 2022 Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Organization: Shared Action Africa
Duty Station: Nakivale Refugee Settlement, Isingiro District Uganda
NB: Please include salary expectations in your application letter
Shared Action Africa Profile:
Shared Action Africa targets refugee populations and host communities under its integrated family planning project implemented in Nakivale Refugee Settlement in Isingiro District in Uganda. The settlement hosts over 130,000 Refuges from Democratic Republic of Congo, Burundi, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, and South Sudan. The project aims at improving access to modern short-term, long-term and permanent family planning methods for and men of reproductive age in Nakivale refugee settlement and host communities in Isingiro district in Uganda. To achieve its objectives, the project will collaborate with, peer agencies, health facilities and community based organizations that provide complementary services (financial and energy) to improve access family planning services by refugee populations and host communities in Nakivale Refugee Settlement.
Job Summary :
Shared Action Africa is looking for an energetic Monitoring and Evaluation Officer who will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of our projects focused on Sexual and Reproductive health, Economic Empowerment and Climate Justice for women in the Nakivale and Oruchinga Refugee settlements. The M&E Officer will be based Nakivale and Oruchinga Refugee Settlements. The M&E Officer will be responsible for preparing Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reports on project progress in collaboration with the Sexual and Reproduction Health Officer. He/she will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, develop and maintain the MIS of the ongoing projects and be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the projects’ activities. The M&E Officer reports will report to the Programs Director, with a dotted line to the Finance and Operations Director.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will be responsible for coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of all SAA projects in the refugee settlements. He/she will oversee the development and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the projects. He/she will also provide technical assistance to the project partners, particularly in relation to monitoring and reporting issues.
Setting up the Project’s MIS System
- Assist in the revision of the Projects’ Result Framework, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement using the baseline findings.
- Assist in the development and/or finalization of the project Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
- Develop the overall framework, for project M&E, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
- Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
- Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
- With collaborating partners, review their existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support, and resources.
- Develop a plan for project-related capacity-building on M&E and for any computer-based support that may be required.
- Organize and undertake training with collaborating partners on M&E as required.
Implementation of M&E and coordination:
- Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
- Check data quality with partners.
- Maintain and administer the M&E database, analyses, and aggregate findings.
- Support project progress reporting, project mid-term review and final evaluation.
- Identify areas where technical support to project partners is required. Organize refresher training on M&E for partners as required.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project. Provide advice to the supervisor on improving project performance using M&E findings.
- Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
- Provide the Project officers with management information they may require.
- Check that monitoring data are discussed in appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussions to fill any gap.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Programs Director.
Minimum Qualifications for Shared Action Africa Jobs 2022
- The ideal applicant must hold First level university degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field. Advanced certificate or post graduate training in M&E, statistics or quantitative economics is an added advantage.
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of development particularly advocacy projects.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience in designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems.
- Experience in project performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience in planning and managing surveys.
- Experience in developing and refining data collection tools.
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight.
- Experience in managing and providing training to partners and target beneficiaries.
- Ability to facilitate and serve as project liaison for externally managed evaluations.
- Languages: Excellent written and spoken command of English. Knowledge of Kiswahili and local languages spoken in the area is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of Programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation techniques and practices.
- Familiarity with impact assessment an advantage
- Familiarity with some of the substantive issues handled by the project such as sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Good moderation, facilitation, and training skills.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and negotiate with government and social partners.
- Ability to perform a variety of conceptual analyses required for the formulation, administration, and evaluation of projects.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills.
- Good computer applications skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in diversified environments.
How To Apply for Shared Action Africa Jobs 2022
If you feel you meet the requirements for this position, send your updated CV with email and telephone contact of three professional referees and an application letter (which should include salary expectations) quoting the Title of the position as the subject to the Director of Finance and Operations, Shared Action Africa. Email: [email protected]
The interested candidate must indicate the expected remuneration level.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 16 th May 2022
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .