Senior Officer – Facilities & Security
Jobs at:DFCU Bank
Deadline of this Job:
21 January 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Post: Senior Officer – Facilities & Security (1 Position)
REPORTING TO: Head of Facilities & Administration
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the Head of Facilities & Administration, the role holder will be responsible for the delivery of Bank Infrastructural projects effectively & efficiently, achieving operational excellence in project implementations and managing stake-holder relations.
The role holder will also oversee provision of watertight security for dfcu staff, visitors & Bank property, security procedural rules & regulations with full consciousness of timeliness and quality of deliverables, value for money and preservation of the Bank’s brand to ensure growth of the Bank’s business objectives.
The role holder will also be responsible for Occupational Health & Safety Standards across the Bank. .
• Work hand in hand with the Estate Manager, in ensuring effectiveness and efficiency in estate management.
• Support & Coordinate infrastructure projects, supervise maintenance, fittings and repairs.
• Record keeping in physical and soft copies, of all maintenance work, Occupational Health & Safety files and assets of all sites.
• Support in procurement documentation for all facilities and security requisitions.
• Implements infrastructural projects at the best and optimum cost available.
• Delivers infrastructural drawings in conjunction with the approved contractor/consultant.
• Sensitizing staff on security rules/regulations and training staff on handling security emergencies.
• Real incident time reporting of all security breaches.
• Implements and enforces all Bank Security direction, policy and procedures throughout the facility in support of Bank’s security requirements.
• Consistently and accurately reviews, responds, to, and processes all security paperwork and systems for accuracy, completion, and submission.
• Conducts periodic self-inspections on local processes and practices to ensure proxy and customer compliance; accurately reports security posture to Bank leadership.
• Develops, conducts, coordinates and delivers all site and program-specific security education programs ensuring all facility personnel complete appropriate security training.
• Conduct security awareness briefings and debriefings including counterintelligence, pre- and post-travel, and suspicious contact reports to Bank management.
• Coordinates, submits, and confirms employee security clearances via multiple platforms and conducting initial security briefings.
• Oversees badging of employees, visitors and consultants to ensure compliance with security procedures.
• Conducts and coordinates investigations into security violations & ensures corrective actions are implemented.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• University Degree preferably in Architecture or any other related field.
• Postgraduate in Project Management.
• Certification in security procedures.
• At least 5 years’ experience in project management.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
• Knowledge in project management and implementation.
• Knowledge in security systems & management.
• Knowledge of security procedural rules & regulations.
• Ability to work with a team.
• Ability to exhibit self-motivated & self-driven capabilities.
• Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety standards.
• Good understanding of Bank policies and procedures.
• Good understanding of the interconnectivities of functions and processes.
• Industry and business awareness.
• Capable of working in a dynamic, fast-moving team environment which involves multiple levels of security professional disciplines.
• Conduct themselves as a team member able to contribute security interests in all settings specific to the Bank’s needs and potentially altered work hours depending on the needs of the Bank.
Job Education Requirements: University Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Thursday 21st January 2021 to the email address indicated below:
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300391.
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.