Senior Finance Officer
Jobs at:Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Senior Finance Officer is responsible for assisting in implementing the overall accounting and financial control systems for the project. S/he is also responsible for using adequate and appropriate internal controls to meet generally recognized accounting standards.
Duties and responsibilities;
• Support in the preparation/ development of field monthly financial reports which includes QB postings, bank reconciliations, journal entries preparation, personal advances, balance reports, grand summary sheets, supporting payment vouchers, petty cash journal and summarized expenditure etc. Ensure expenses are in accordance with U.S. government regulations (expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable), and JCRC policies and procedures.
• Ensure that all project-related transactions are conducted, processed and recorded as per JCRC system of Chart of Accounts.
• Timely preparation and processing of payments by ensuring that all payments are reasonable, allowable, allocable to the project. This includes liaising with procurement to ensure that all payments are adequately supported.
• Review of Mobile Money payments against Mobile Money Registration forms, Participant registrations / attendance forms, Approved Activity Request (AAR), Travel Activity Budget, and all related support documentation from the project implementing teams
• Ensure that internal controls pertaining online banking & Mobile money are tightened to mitigate risks.
• As part of the finance team, ensure that JCRC financial management policies and procedures and USAID regulations are strictly adhered to. This includes ensuring that all policy directives and various checklists circulated by HQ are implemented.
• Supervise Management of petty cash fund by reviewing (for accuracy) and processing petty cash and bank vouchers.
• Work closely with Finance Officer to address all field report review comments from home office including providing feedback for missing vouchers and outstanding information following review of payment documentation.
• Assist in Preparation of monthly cash projections for submission to home office under the direction of the Finance Director. This also includes Bi weekly wire confirmations.
• Support the management of personnel payroll and benefits accounting.
• Support review of financial reports and documentation from sub grantees as needed, under the direction of Finance & Director.
• Review Mobile money and Vendor payments for allowability, allocability, and Reasonableness.
• Work closely with the Grants department to ensure that sub grantee accountabilities and reconciliations are properly documented and journalized in QBs.
• Work as part of the finance team to ensure that all project financial and accounting tasks are accomplished accurately and in a timely manner.
• Maintain close coordination with JCRC project staff on financial matters and advise them, as appropriate, on matters requiring their attention.
• Assist in periodic inventory/ asset and stores audit and advice the Finance & Director accordingly.
• Advice senior management on any areas with potential to impact on systems of internal controls and procedures. Other accounting, financial and administrative tasks consistent with the overall scope of this position.
• Perform any other task assigned by supervisor and/ or Director Financial Management & Operations.
Qualifications and skills required;
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Management, or other relevant field.
• Professional qualifications of ACCA or CPA.
• At least five (5) years of experience in the financial management.
• Proven experience overseeing Mobile Money Payments, Vendor Payments, Budget Management and Financial Reporting (Monthly, Quarterly, Annual, PEPFAR reporting).
• Experience working with USG/USAID-funded projects is mandatory.
• Excellent writing, computer, management and organizational skills.
• Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications must be addressed to;
Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: [email protected] The application deadline is Friday 6th August, 2021 at 12:00pm.
Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Date of Expiry
Friday, 6 August 2021