Job Title: Fresher Finance Associate – Sendy Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Sendy Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
Sendy Uganda Profile:
Logistics in Africa is broken! It’s super fragmented, informal and very costly, making it difficult for small business to trade in Africa. At Sendy, we are on a mission to solve this problem. We have built the first efficient shared logistics platform for Africa that will create new possibilities for small businesses and transporters.
The Finance Associate will play a key role in finance operations of our business, including keeping financial records, preparing reports, processing business transactions, handling accounts payable and expense reports and updating financial information.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Daily/Monthly postings of Sales, Expenses, purchase invoices and Card expenses with all reconciliations
• Payments processing – Preparation of vendor payment vouchers in the company’s accounting system (Xero) & upload to the bank
• Petty cash management and processing petty cash vouchers.
• Account reconciliations for all Banks, Cards and Petty Cash
• Provide support for external party requirements e.g Banks etc
• Monthly closing and updating of all Schedules
• Filing and ensuring all accounting records are properly kept and that the records can be easily retrieved when necessary (Digital or Physical)
• Ensure taxes are calculated and filed accurately and in a timely manner
• Assist in the preparation and creation of Finance Standard operating procedures
• Dig through data and analyse it to find any variances/anomalies and help the tech team sort them out
• Participate in the annual statutory audit.
• Any other duty assigned to you by management
What We Offer
• Comprehensive health insurance – Inpatient / Outpatient / Dental / Optical
• Flexible vacation
• All risk Insurance
• Office lunch
• Opportunity for company stock options
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or business related discipline from a reputable university.
• Professional qualifications e.g. ACCA, CPA and CFA would be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 2-years relevant work experience.
• Good understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
• Good grasp of financial & management accounting.
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
• Excellent knowledge of accounts analysis and reconciliation.
• Ability to prepare financial statements.
• Excellent grasp taxation & relevant legislation.
• Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
How To Apply for Sendy Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 17th May 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .