Jobs at:Cotton On Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
16 April 2021
Within Uganda , Masaka , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, April 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position Title: Scholarships Coordinator
Department: Cotton On Foundation Uganda
Location: Masaka, Uganda
Reports to: Pathways & Sustainability Manager
Number of Reports: 0
*Dependent on successfully meeting 6 months' probation period.
The Cotton On Foundation is the philanthropic arm of the Cotton On Group, through a unique partnership with customers and team members, the Cotton On Foundation is focused on empowering youth globally through the delivery of quality educational projects in Uganda, South Africa, Thailand and Australia Together, we believe we can help reduce poverty and improve the lives of those in need. We partner with communities to provide long-term opportunities across education, health, sustainability and infrastructure.
In Uganda our office is based in Masaka and we support communities in the Rakai and Lwengo districts through partnerships with schools and vocational institutes. To learn more about the Cotton On Foundation, head to www.cottononfoundation.org .
The Scholarships Coordinator will oversee all elements of the Cotton On Foundation Scholarship Program. Working closely with the Pathways Advisor the Scholarships coordinator will support students in COF supported schools to apply for Cotton On Foundation Scholarships (available to University and Vocational Colleges) and coordinate the selection, awarding and maintenance of all student scholarships. The Scholarships coordinator will attend to student queries and needs and respond appropriately and timely. S/ he will work closely with the finance team to ensure all scholarship payments are made accurately and on time while keeping meticulous records of all payments. The scholarship coordinator will also be responsible for managing the COF Alumni program, ensuring all graduates are included in Alumni events and communications.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND
Proven experience in:
• Scholarship/Sponsorship programs
• Financial management
• Database management
• Event management and coordination Community Engagement Working with students, teachers and caregivers
• Reporting and record keeping
OTHER SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ATTRIBUTES AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
• High level of understanding of the Ugandan further education sector (University and Vocational) Good interpersonal skills, high level of integrity and good moral conduct Excellent spoken and written English Excellent financial literacy Proficient in the use of a computer including Microsoft office suite Self-directed and capable of working with minimum supervision
• Ability to handle sensitive situations in a mature and effective way
• An open personality and acceptance of all races, creeds and cultures
• Strong commitment to Cotton On Foundation's cause and values
The candidate must be able to travel and live in the field locations in the rural areas of Southern Uganda
ANNUAL OPERATIONAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Coordinate the COF scholarship program. From application, awarding and maintenance for all students
• Advertising, managing applications, selection & awarding
• Communication with applicants o Supporting successful scholarship students
• Communicating with Universities and Vocational schools
• Manage student queries and needs and respond appropriately and timely o Managing financial process
• Managing hostel accommodation for students
Scholarships are awarded to students in line with fair assessment and all payments are made accurately, on time and within budget.
Scholarship student mentoring program:
Mentoring activities are organized and delivered on time and within budget
Student placement program:
Opportunities are developed for scholarship students to undertake industry placements
Create and keep alumni database up to date:
All students graduating from COF supported schools are captured in the COF Alumni database and their details are kept up to date
Coordinate COF Alumni Events:
Design, coordinate and attended all Alumni events (graduations, networking, etc.). Alumni events are delivered on time and within budget.
Develop alumni give-back program:
Student alumni participate in opportunities to give back to the scholarship program.
Deliver the quarterly COF Alumni Newsletter:
Collect and share stories of COF Alumni students to inspire and connect with COG staff around the world.
BENEFITS We are committed to personal and professional development, which is supported by an ever growing and expanding structure.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
NB: Ensure to apply online. Please use this link for applying: https://cottonongroup.com/careers/ Closing date for application is 16 April 2021