Job Title: – Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2022 Programme Officer (Education)
Organization: Save the Children
Job Location: Gulu, Uganda
Save the Children Profile:
Save the Children International is an international relief organization that was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
Are you passionate about being an advocate for children? Do you want to use your expertise to bring about lasting change for children and be a part of an inspiring, dynamic global movement?
The Job Holder will take responsibility for planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the Education interventions under NORAD programme to improve children’s learning outcomes and development through implementation of the QLE Framework. The QLE Framework has 4 pillars: Guiding Principle 1 – emotional and psychological needs of all learners; Guiding Principle 2 – learning environment must protect children’s physical wellbeing; Guiding Principle 3 – learning environment encourages and supports active engagements for learners, child-centred teaching and improved learning outcomes for all learners; Guiding Principle 4 – parents and local communities are actively involved in planning, decision making and action to improve education.
The job holder may be called upon as and when necessary to support the emergency team in cases of humanitarian crisis.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Key areas of accountability include:
- Roll-out of the Project Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Technical Support and back-stopping
- Budget Monitoring responsibility
- Coordination and Collaborations
- Reporting and documentation
- Resource acquisition
- Empowerment and Project Impact
Minimum Qualifications :
- Minimum of a degree in Education or related fields. An additional qualification such as a Diploma in Teacher Education is an added advantage.
- At least 2 years of progressive working experience in planning and implementing Education programmes with INGOs.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in application of participatory tools and methodologies in programming.
- Experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in Basic Education and ECCD is an added advantage.
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses. Previous experience of project management
- Demonstrated monitoring and evaluation skills
- Ability to work both in an advisory and a hands-on implementation capacity
- Excellent communication skills
How To Apply for Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2022
All candidates who wish to join Save the Children should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 8th August 2022
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.